Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
My LLB scores are low and I'm not able to get into any abroad colleges for LLM. So i decided to do LLM in India.

So my question is after doing LLM in India, and then I apply for another LLM in abroad. Will they consider my LLM in India score for abroad LLM?
no matter how low your ug scores are you can do llm from the UK unis, go for top post 92 universities like lancaster, northumbria etc. or low plateglass like hull, sussex, keele etc.

your indian llm scores do not matter when you apply for llm in the uk as the admissions team will check your llb marks, however, the llm will allow you to spin a story saying that there were some hardships during llb (covid) which led to low scores and you have compensated for it in llm. this story and the added experience will help you to get into mid Russell like Leeds, Sheffield, QMUL etc.

Top Russell like Oxbridge, LSE etc. will not take you in unless you do tremendously well in LLM

Tell me how much you have scored in your LLB and the type of college you have done your UG, I will let you know which unis to apply to in the UK (irrespective of your LLM scores)
what type of uni did you do your llb from? (state/nlu/pvt)

uk unis look for around 60% however, it is possible to get into a mid russell group with a good sop, as long as you can spin a story as to why you could not achieve your full academic potential
University of Mumbai.

Which universities are generally classified as "mid russell"?
Could you talk about minimum requirements for top russells? is it gpa oriented? if yes, what’s minimum percentage required
top russell - Oxford, cambridge, lse - you would need to have a min of 60% and a top ref or be in the top 5% of the class or have great work experience + top 10% of class

top of mid russell - ucl, kcl - min 60% (preferably in top 20%) + good sop

mid mid russell - Druham, Warwick, QMUL, Bristol, Sheffield, Manchester, Edinburgh, nottingham etc. - min 60% (preferably in top 30%)

low russell - southampton, QUB, soas, exeter, leeds, newcastle - min 60% may go upto 55% depending on Indian uni (have some relaxation for NLUs)
With a few years of relevant work ex, direct PhD option is not ruled out.
They'll probably look at all your degrees and scores although I don't know if there's an automated first round of screening that filters CVs based on LLB scores or some such. If you did better in the LL.M. and got credible glowing recommendations, that'll definitely help you especially if you write excellent essays and say how you are more responsive to a particular kind of system (establishing that the LLM score is more reflective of your work).

If that doesn't work, take 2-3 years to work in a place with good academic mentors where you can write and publish a bit. That way you'll have the publications and glowing recommendations to help you. You are better off going to a high ranked Singapore uni with scholarship than to a mediocre British one paying for yourself.
Stop doing LLMs! Aim for MBAs at Wharton, Kellogg, LBS, MIT Sloan etc. Within 10 years time everyone will be applying for MBAs and LLMs will become obsolete.
If you are disillusioned with law, then that's your call. Why are you so keen on imposing your decision on others? If someone wishes to work in the legal domain, then why would they do an MBA?
Yes except an mba is a useless stupid degree which won’t turn your brain on. You know this when you’ve been on a campus with different departments - business school folks are the dumbest people. That degree shouldn’t even exist - if you want to learn how to manage a business - manage a business , learn through work experience.