Read 82 comments as:
Filter By
The problem is what we mean by woke. Meghan Markle’s definition is that it is a positive value that fights discrimination and injustice. The right wing mocks it as an excuse to shirk work and promote mediocrity over merit.
There's no fixed definition of woke, I see it being used for almost everything. The word has completely lost its meaning. Besides, this isn't the right forum for political / societal debates.
You want to just get the grades without putting in any effort. Be honest with yourself at least.
Kid, I have always been in the top 1% throughout my student life, not that I consider it a matter to brag about, unlike you.
Recruitment is pretty much the only reason why most people are studying here in the first place.
Despite most of them not being employable. Of course, you are using 'studying' in the loosest of senses.
That's because the law firms need warm bodies and your alum take pity on you. No other reason whatsoever. Get a CLAT 11000 ranked kid into NUJS and he will be treated the same. You are not anything special.
Despite most of them not being employable. Of course, you are using 'studying' in the loosest of senses.
And despite that, most of them do not make themselves worthy of getting recruited and staying recruited in five long years.
If practice followed in other NLUs is the benchmark, let us have the academic rigour and discipline of other top 5 NLUs. No attendance exemption for college fests and OC work.
Yeah, because a stalwart scholar like him is just waiting with bated breath for validation from an anon troll with no qualification whatsoever to judge his thoughts.
Just because he is a "stalwart scholar" does not mean he cannot be criticised for holding extremely bigoted views. Throughout history, plenty of "visionaries" have turned out this way.
Your opinion would have had any merit had you actually bothered to read what he had written on this subject, instead of behaving like a mad bull in a china shop after coming across a casual, incomplete and anonymous reference to the same.
Dude, MPS is more worthy of terms like progressive and liberal than you and your seven previous generations combined. You have no clue about what he actually said or why he said it.
He is a great scholar for his time but is very much of his time. That should not be so hard to handle. It's possible to respect and learn from people without idolising them in this infantile way.
So calling someone progressive and liberal for their thoughts is infantile idolization? One wonders where you learnt these words from.
Same source that teaches you to make assumptions about people? This confidence must make life very interesting.
It was not an assumption. It was based on your comment. Now if you make comments that belie your education and self, then that is really on you. People will have their opinion of you based on your words.
"more worthy of terms like progressive and liberal than you and your seven previous generations combined"
I'm sure they do.
Hats off to this young student for going against the trends of Gen Z and standing up for what’s right.
And the trolls will says NUJS is better than NLUD to misguide student preferences. Lol.
Most of us were opposed to this BSc LLB course but the VC initiated it single-handedly. A student from my batch was handed a literal show-cause notice for opposing the course.
He did not oppose the course, he sent spam messages badmouthing the university to prospective students and their parents after getting hold of their number illegally. It's a miracle that he did not get prosecuted for his actions.
Our domiciled students are doing far better than your scam exam entrants. One of them has even won Rhodes, so the joke is on you, as it always is every time NLUD trolls start beating their own drums here.
The same exam that you wrote but didn’t get selected in? Yeah, I can smell the sour grapes. Much rather not have domicile than justify that the β€œkids are doing well”.
Students are not exactly the brightest at that age. They’ll regret it later if they choose a place merely for placements when one can get literally the same opportunities at NLUD. I would guess the only reason we’re even behind is the lack of an older alumni base.
NLUD's grad outcome even in the past 10 years has never even come close to NUJS in any field other than UPSC. So don't keep harping on the older alumni excuse.
You keep saying what you would have done and passing judgment on other places about which you have got no real clue. Goes to show that regardless of your claims, you really haven't received any quality education.
Even in that area nlu Delhi is just a β€˜bit’ behind because a lot of students don’t sit for placements. Check your facts straight. I wonder why your comment isn’t contested yet!
Students don't sit for placements is an old lie by now. Your students keep trying to intern in all corp firms every year. You don't get the jobs, that's all.
Most of us want a well-paying job, and only tier one firms can provide us an upper-middle class livelihood. I'll never understand why anything corp is looked down upon when we are the reason why global economy is afloat. Professors hardly make anything in comparison to us.
Say this to those nlu Delhi and even Nujs grads who are earning more as a JGLS professor with flexible work hours. Lol didn’t know that noojies love to diss on their own alumni haha
Lol, what kind of a blinkered perspective these NLUD grads must have to think that a Jindal professor earns more than a law firm partner. This is the reason why they never get jobs.
Might want to stop embarrassing yourself with your petty jealousy now that you’ve been marked trollish. NUJS doesn’t hold a candle to NLUD today, yours is literally a glorified placement college, not even worth being called a real university.
Have seen the academic output of your grads. Rigour, heh. We are not ashamed of the fact that we do internships and get jobs. There's no job that you get that we don't and we get more of those all. So clearly we are doing things better than you.
At least NUJS faculty voice their thoughts on things that matter. When has NLUD faculty ever protested about submitting fake NIRF data or swindling people every year by holding extra entrance exam?
You do know that there are professors who actually care about what their students end up learning and are willing to make the effort to influence that in a positive manner? Not many, but certainly some?
But why should they waste time raging against the machine. The questions will allow them to grade fairly and their energies may be better spent on students who actually want feedback.
From what I've been told, they have already started getting disillusioned with both admin behaviour as well as student entitlement and quality.
It goes to show that you have received absolutely trash education.