Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
Joining law firms is worth it? As it has a lot of major cons. like health. And if one thinks that I will join a firm for one year, and will leave it after a year, for judicial services preparation, then is it that easy? I feel stuck when I think about, should I work to build myself for corporate or Judicial services examinations, while in the college.
Please give some suggestions.
Dont join law firms. Prepare for judiciary. Build something for yourself.

I'm stuck after joining a law firm - your health (both physical and mental) will be ruined, all the stories you've heard about law firms are true. Trust that and don't enter this horrendous life.

Only the pay is good rest nothing.
Idk why but this feels like an exaggeration. From what I've seen while interning, the associates mostly leave after 10ish hours on average. Rarely do they have to stay and burn the midnight oil.
Prepare & Try for both. Getting into law firms are far far far easy & less time taking than into judicial service.
Prepare for judiciary. Take classes do whatever but don't join law firms. Its better to reign in hell than serve in heaven. Lamba career + social respect +pension

Its always worth it.
First of all, Thankyou for the suggestion. You know, being from tier 3 NLU, it always feels like kya hoga career ka. And as Judiciary is quite uncertain.
Being in the mid of Law school Journey, even I want to do judiciary. But when I look at my batchmates, and other batches too, people are running like hell just for law firms. Moots, Internships, Publications, just for getting law firm Internships. So, in such circumstances it gets quite demotivating for me that I am preparing for Judiciary.
I know it happens with lot of students, may you please give some perspective.
Been there. I followed the crowd to fit in without focussing on inner confidence. And all I've are regrets. 5 years is a long time! I could have done a few internships less and focussed on completing the syllabus or finding a crowd whose goals align with mine.