Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I work in a T1 and I switched jobs during the pandemic to another T1. I did not have much of a choice because of financial circumstances. When I moved, I took a short break, using the break time to attend therapy in the hope that it would cure my burn out. And for a while, it worked. Eventually, I faced the same problems again, but this time going to therapy was not an option because I already knew what I needed to do and leave a law firm job altogether. I am terrified of transitioning to another career, but it may be my only hope.

Can anyone advise on changing out of a law firm job to something sustainable but which is not an in-house role? I have already started applying for in-house roles but I am sure in-house jobs are just as demanding or maybe slightly less than law firms today. Looking out for options desperately because I'm hanging by a thread and if I do not fix things now, I see no hope for my life.
Since you seem to have a few years of experience at T1s, I'd suggest approach a legal ed-tech, like LawSikho, and start teaching there. Its work from home, decent-ish pay [they'll probably pay you good, given your experience], and manageable working hours [they say 8, but its mostly 10 hours].

Alternatively, I'd suggest get into law firm management/ business development. Pay won't be great at the beginning, but lot of scope for the future.