Read 46 comments as:
Filter By
1 cr is just the start, plus if you have been investing your assets would have multipled a lot more by that time. So surely doesn’t seem unfathomable to have people splurging on 50L watches
Do people in T-1 Law firms make enough to afford a Patek Philippe (costs 50 lac minimum) or they just bluff considering non- equity partners make 1 crore in a year and equity partners make 4 crores?
I don't know what this line means: "So I am considering to take sanyas after my mother's demise."

If it means what I think, 29 is still soooo young! You talk as if you are 50!!! Just go to ISB, find your life partner, found a startup, become a millionaire.
Take edu loan or maybe dip into your savings the returns in the long run would be worth it
Hi,

Checked ISB fees. Plan dropped.

Next up maybe CA . Not sure if I can devote 3-5 years in that too.

I will continue to write on this website with same username though (user-01).
Yes sir

Sir In district court, paying capacity client is also not much . Junior lawyers and unestablished lawyers run whole day hoping that they earn maybe β‚Ή200 at bare minimum.
About MBA -- At this age , circusmtances and disturbed mind I am not sure that I can compete with young guns.

Pretty much resigned my life to fate finally.
Yes sir,

I m just continuing. No hope, no dreams, no plans of marriage , no excitement of anything has reamined now.

Life has become much monotonous , and finances are so low that it is akin to Sanyas. So I am considering to take sanyas after my mother's demise.
29 is a good age for an MBA abroad or at ISB. You can also try SP Jain and MICA. If it’s all beyond your budget then I guess you will have to keep persevering as an advocate. ☹️
A 6-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Not sure about MBA,

Getting inside reputed good College is much more competitive.

I m 29 at this time. Plus I have no resources to pay for heavy fees of Mba and living expenses.
A Patel (unlike a car) is actually not a bad financial idea. They almost always appreciate in value. Good luck getting one right now though.
Your post is truly sad. The punks who made those comments against you are toxic nepo kids and symbolise everything wrong with the profession. I feel sorry for you and wish you strength. But perhaps you can also think about quitting law and doing an MBA?
A 14-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
Let me tell you one thing, not a single person who has logged in on this website has a patek phillipe or a richard millie
its interesting that Patek has become the favourite brand in Legally india, looks like lawyers gravitate to patek
Does wearing a Patec give you an additional two hours in the day to nap? Otherwise one fails to understand how that's called living well. Living pretentiously, yes.
A 150-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
I think you answered your own question in the post. People from genuinely posh backgrounds don't have an inferiority complex and don't engage in apparently show-offy behaviour (mostly considered classless), It's all much more subtle...
I know its true because a friend of mine at a tier 1 in NCR experienced this BS.
Lack of family culture, upbringing. People who have that, from families humble or rich, don't acquire such toxic traits even after law school.