Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I have a decent CV. I can make it into a very good chamber or a decent law firm. (Non-NLU, first gen)
I request my seniors, herein to please, please advise me according to my situation as stated:

- I want to practise, nothing else (in the longer run)

- I want to become a designated Senior counsel, want to start early.

- I want to go to a firm only because of money for 3-4 years, and then join a senior counsel. The problem is, till when I would follow money? After 3-4 years, I might be a senior associate, might make double. Would it be possible for me to leave that and get back to a chamber again for far less than what I could make at a law firm? I doubt.

- I can negotiate with chambers for 40-50k.

- I don't need to look after my family in its entirety. A slight contribution will suffice. However, I need money to lead a dignified life in a metro city, not mere animal existence.

Thank you in anticipation!
Which chamber is paying 40-50k to freshers? Please tell! In case you decide to skip, I'll apply ;)
No Chamber does.

Currently interning with a senior. He is very kind and generous to me. Takes care of me by giving 8-10k as a stipend. Associated with him for a year now, will continue. I don't think he will deny paying 40-50k after investing 2-3 years upon me.
Note - He pays 20-25k to freshers.
Start early.

I was in the same dilemma when I started. Thought of going to a law firm to make a cushion. But got too comfortable. Also, as age progresses, risk taking appetite reduces. Your priorities also change when you are 27/28