Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
It is said that when you want to join a chamber, don't just look at the lawyer, look at how the juniors (who have left) are doing.

Could you please name the seniors who actually invest in their juniors and teach?
I found Mr. Luthra's juniors doing really well in criminal side. Madhav Khurana, Arshdeep Singh, Ms. Narula, and so on....... A long list.
One of his juniors or maybe just employee is designated SA Pramod Kumar Dubey
I didn't know that. I thought Mr. Dubey was his colleague.

Exceptional!
This is a line from a thread on Gsanks chamber from a few days ago - in fact I have heard him give the same advice to many including me.

I think the top chamber clearly is Venugopals - Chidambaram, Vaudyanatahan, Nariman, Viswanathan, Guru, Parag, Jaideep Gupta, Gsanks himself, Haripriya, Suhasini, and many more

Sorabjee gave us Salve, GS, Ganesh, Lalit, Pritish Kapur and Manish Singhvi.

Don't know about anyone particular from Sibal, Singhvi or Salve except for a couple of HC judges.

In the present lot, CU Singh, Viswanathan (before judgeship), Vaidyanathan, PH Parekh have produced a quite a few
Gopal subramanium sir.

His juniors have achieved great heights in the profession. One I know is a sitting high judge, Mr Rajshekhar Rao and Mr Siddharth Aggarwal are very successful senior counsels
Even Ramji Srinivasan Sr Adv is Mr Subramanium's junior. I believe that Mr. Subramanium’s chamber has singlehandedly given DHC & SC its brightest and best.
Kanga's juniors went on to argue on and lay the foundations of post-independent India. Was perhaps the most influential. Today's equivalent will have to be Venugopal.

It is sad that stalwarts like Salve, Jethmalani, Singhvi, etc. have not been as prolific in terms of promoting their juniors. Mostly reserved to odd successful juniors here or there. The profession is turning more nepotistic.

GSanks, Rao, Khambata, Nakul Dewan, Shyam Divan, Datar, Pachnanda are some names whose chambers hold promise considering how the majority of their juniors are doing. Of course, getting into their chambers is itself tough.