Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I've done 3 tier I internships in the banking and finance teams and have not gotten a single callback. What is it that I'm doing wrong? In my second tier I internship I kept getting work after work without break and was appreciated for good communication and research. There was barely any communication in the other two inspite me sending requests to meet/for work.

I know my skills are not worse off than my peers who've gotten PPOs, so what can I improve or do?
Hi, firstly, congratulations on interning at three Tier 1 firms! It's not easy to get T1 internships, yet you have received them, which tells you you are an academically oriented person and quite sincere in your work. It is indeed a sad feeling, trust me, when one's peers get those PPOs when one is working sincerely and isn't receiving them. But it would be best to learn that no matter how much you think you are good, there is always someone better than you; this statement helps one move on in life and work hard even more. Not receiving those PPOs is not the end of the world; Day Zero and Day One are still there where top T1/T2 come and select the suitable candidates. The only mantra for qualifying for a day zero interview is good grades + T1 internships. After you prepare for the technical rounds, your knowledge of Company Law, the Law of Contracts, and the Partnership Act will be tested in general, and you will get the job; from this statement, I mean, you still have a perfect shot in getting a job offer from T1 firm, don't stress about a PPO. I would end this by stating that life is too short to worry about what others achieve in their respective lives, appreciate their efforts, and then move on. There are many opportunities for getting an excellent job; learn where to look for them. Like the Great Baba Ranchoddas said, " Don't run after success; always go for excellence."
Good points. However, at times, someone may not be necessarily better. PPOs are often a product of how actively the team assesses you. They might be busy and already have other interns, may not have properly reviewed you, the practice area you are interning at may not have enough vacancies, etc. Someone else may be at the right time at the right place.
You’re probably not getting call backs because the banking teams are overworked and don’t have the time to think about which interns to call back.

Actively follow up with someone you worked closely with or reach out to the partner if he/ she knows you or worked with you during the internship.