Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Currently working at a T2 with 3 PQE in NCR. Earning good money like that in T1s. But I realised that Iโ€™m not cut out for a high stress job. I have no ambitions like being a partner or a deal maker or a senior advocate. In fact, I no interest in law as such.

I just want to have reasonable work hours so I can have time for myself, for the things I love, for my family, friends and community even if it comes at a cost of professional success.

Am I wrong to have no professional goals? Is there any way I can proceed from here?

Anything helps - perspectives, practical tips, etc.
Youโ€™ll definitely regret having such a lackadaisical attitude towards work in about 10-15 years when your peers will be the whoโ€™s who of their respective practice areas. People do initially feel such feelings when they first start but eventually they grow out of it and give all to their work. Those who donโ€™t believe in the mantra of how work is worship fall way behind and donโ€™t realise until itโ€™s too late.

Be brave and work as hard as you can.
While a lot of people work towards achieving glory, that's not the case with all the people. If just working hard would've made people happy then LI wouldn't be filled with rantings of depressed lawyers. It's all about finding out what a person enjoys. Some like fame and money at the cost of time, and to others, those are not so much important as having a balanced life in which they don't have to constantly keep cancelling plans with friends and family just because everything is urgent (though it's not).
What's the point of being a who's who if it's coming at the cost of someone's health. If you aren't healthy be it physically and mentally no money is useful. Even if you might be considered successful professionally , your life won't be a success story if you are a crore instead of 40-50 lakhs 10 years down the line but you missed out living your life and sharing time and moments with with your parents your family . 15 years later paisa hoga but time nahi hoga ya fir your family members . So, yeah bhaad mein jaaye becoming a "who's who."
Galat field mai aa gaye ho. When people say that โ€œlaw is a jealous mistressโ€, they do mean it. Law is such a โ€˜mistressโ€™ that gets jealous if you give time to anything else apart from it.

My advice to the original poster and to you will be the same - quit law while itโ€™s early. Save both on redeeming your career and enjoy your youth.
Pretty sure my partner / firm paid for the who is who title in the cabin