Read 111 comments as:
Filter By
you havent even responded to my argument pathetic state of affair of such kind of senior who are in law firm even dont know how to argue. first answer why such toxic oldies /Partner hire their own know people. uncle judge syndrome?
I am toxic and want to take revenge on my seniors and partners. They fired me for my incompetencies, unethical conduct and poor performance.

They should have been more tolerant.
It seems like the argument is strong enough for you to keep responding instead of what you are advocating, i.e. working hard for the sweatshop.
yoo bro look at the long term, increment in IB is less. The highest post is managing director in IB which makes around 1-2 CR after 15-20 PQE but in law firms if you work your ass off 15-20 PQE you have the chance to become an equity partner.
If you don’t have arguments you’ll just end up calling someone toxic and giving them a name eh ? Quite the Donald trump you are.
Who gave this quite Aristotle or Socrates? Ohh, its toxic version of Socrates. Maybe the the chacha tau of plato... who favour their own people without seeing merit
The fact that you keep making faulty assumptions about people and refer to Forbes articles when asked about empirical research go to show that you are neither educated and not even particularly bright. Which makes you the perfect fit for these law firms.
Really? Which empirical research tells you that capitalism does that?
Yeah. What labour what skill ? You think the rest of us are fools? 10-15 lap is not fair remuneration for the work? Nonsense. Y’all pretend like you’re undergoing some great injustice when you’re doing 4 times better than the median income at the very least.
Just because you can analogise to something doesn’t make it true or a good argument.
Except there’s a world of difference between bullying and abuse and perfectly reasonable workplace expectations. Do y’all really not see it ? You label everything toxic - you’re the bullies.
So your hiring team cannot do their job properly and that's the fault of other people?
Honestly if you think someone is not delivering according to the salary, then fire them. It is clear that your recruitment policy and procedure are flawed and your recruiting partners know jack s**t.
Just because you gave up doesn't mean others should. Grow a spine, stand up for yourself first, the kids can take care of themselves.
If you spent less time pontificating to children on the internet and touched a little more grass or actually went out at 5 to see the sunset with your girlfriend, you'd be leading a better life but here you are, squawking yourself hoarse and becoming a meme of a man.
Even a fresher Associate who makes 1.2 L a month will be making roughly 2.5-3L a month in revenue for the firm. Firms "recoup" their investment from day one, so don't pretend it's a charitable drive for kids.
A 19-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
No problems in any breaks when good quality work is delivered on time.

Problem starts when incompetencies are punished.
You are whining here, though. Why not go away and work hard at making others money and be satisfied with the crumbs that they throw to you? Since that passes off for work ethic for you.
The arrogance in your response just shows what kind of shitty senior you are / will be. More than the long work hours or a lack of work life balance, its people like you who make this industry hell.
Nobody is responsible for your motivation. It is nobody’s job to make you fall in love with your chosen profession. You made your choices- you best know why.
Not a PAs/salaried partners problem. We too go through the same problems but you dont heae us whinjng about it, do you? Go ask the firm.
1. If the breaks are affecting work and world quality- yes by all means, you are right and I don't think anybody on this chain from the genz side is defending such behaviour.

2. If not, please stop micro managing what people do.
Safe to say,nobody is arguing in favour of entitled kids coming in through a cha-cha or mama. At some level, seniors have a responsibility to make the juniors fall in love with the job. You have to make it interesting and attractive enough.
To @Old school- with the genz. I'm late 90's genz very happy to see we have few good guy who understands the pain of our gen
Not 80s and 90s. These are the guys who made partners/PA post 2010. That is a guarantee. The 80s and 90s partners are way too senior to even come down and talk to you- think LV, RM, RBJ, JA, Gunj, YA, PG. And least of all come on to these forums and Comment.
I can be offended at both. The extremely wealthy and their extremely spoilt children. To be a top 10% earner in India you need to earn more than 25 k a month. go reflect on your privilege.
The average Indian doesn't have to spend 15-20 lakhs on education either to get a 27000 job. It's not about what law school says, but what the firms say before and during recruitment. Hire only on the basis of internships, who is stopping you?
After reading the posts here, it is clear that youngsters and specially incompetent, under-performers and back door entrants are inventors of new age terminology. Toxic, mental harassment and what not, seriously ? Where is the will to perform ?
A 27-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
That works both ways. If you dont like the pay or the work culture just freaking leave. no one is obligated to change the world for you.
A 65-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
For a generation that calls everyone else whiny y'all oldies sure love crying and wailing about everything lmao go touch grass bestie you sound boring
A 7-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
The only thing wrong with the New Gen lawyers are our bosses and mentors aka you. Cope. Do better
Kyu kare bhai work hard to make money for some rich privileged dude?
How elitist is that! Like there’s no dignity in labour. I respect a day labourer a thousand times more than these spoilt lazy kids. I’d rather we pay the money to the day labourers too.
Good parents do tell their kids about the value working hard. That’s what parenting is. Thanks.
A 5-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
first go tell ur son/daughter to work hard in courts and then spill gyan here.
Mazdoor h kya ki wok hard work hard laga rkha h tum seniors ne. Duniya technology k sahare kaha se kaha poch aur tum kue k mendak ki trah bss gadha mazdoori krwate ho juniors se.
It’s self centred narcissism. And hustle culture which makes you think you don’t actually have to work if you know people. It disgusts me.
What is wrong with this new generation of lawyers? They want it all but don't want to work hard for it.