Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I am a 2020 grad from T1 NLU currently in my hometown and my family doesn't want me to "practice". They want me to continue with judicial service prep. Its really getting difficult to go against their wishes cos i just really want to get out, having no confidence to do govt exam prep anymore.

Their concerns are also very real: esp regarding safety and sustenance and how will i manage to get a well paying position in future.

My mother is also a senior citizen having no energy to deal with this, and has no idea about law.

How should I tackle?
Ur concerns are genuine. y dont u take up a job in a corp firm, considering ur from a T1 NLU? Litigation is hard and the pay u quoted is actually more than what most seniors pay to juniors. But u need to look at the long-term perspective.
you are in your hometown, so I presume no worries about rent and food, so the only money you would need would be for transport (even if you have a car the fuel cost will be more than 20k, so public it is) and tuck, it is possible to do with 20k pm, but you would have to be extremely frugal. If you do work in the chamber the situation will not change for at least 12-18 months, you would not be expected to handle private matters until then. So the quesiton is can you handle the situation for 18 months and are your parents happy to not lean on to you for that period. After 18 months if you start doing a couple of matters on your own then it should ease your situation a lot.
hmm... It is very difficult to survive on 20k in Delhi

Rent 1rm common toilet/kitchen in non-slum outskirts area will be 10k (both the chamber and acco should be within 1-1.5 km of metro)

Travel Metro - 3k

food - 6k

Misc - 5k

20k doesnt cut the bare min, so you would need family help for at least 12 months to overcome the shortfall
Bro that’s a driver’s salary! You are much better off doing an MBA. Litigation is a garbage dump and meant for nepo kids only. Even the NLU grads doing well in litigation are from privileged families. A government job is very tough, but if you are entitled to any type of reservation then go for it. Else MBA.
20k is too less than imo. Commercial lit chambers have lots and lots of work to do and smaller teams to get it done. Workload is immense. 20k doesn't cut it.
Is only T1 NLU's are allowed to create/expand thread on LI? Have went through many random posts & found that every flana dimkas are claiming there that he/she is from T1 NLU.
Apply for assessment internships or positions that require a PQE of 1-2 years. Getting back at a T1 might be difficult but you should be able to land a T2 easily!
A 29-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.