Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Silly debate, really. Faculty, research opportunities, location - NLUD is miles better. Look at the mooting, debating, ADR, UPSC, judiciary and any other co-curricular results. NLUJ has barely won any notable international moots of note or such. It's not even a contest versus NLUD. Except placements where alumni play a key role, and owing to the fact that NLUJ is older, there I'll agree that NLUJ is one of the good ones but otherwise, NLUJ is definitely a tier below. You seem to be a NLUJ fresher, but this is a harsh reality check for you. Might want to check the archives of this very website about NLUD's RS era achievements before engaging in these d-measuring contests.
NLUD faculty is not that great anymore barring Anup who mostly stays busy with project 39A and Danny. On the other hand, NLUJ does not have a single permanent faculty, so definitely worse off.

Also, why are you still talking about RS-era achievement? That's a thing of the past. Start showing off your GSB-era achievement. There have been quite a few.
I spoke about RS-era because LI has archives about placements, moot wins, MPL and all that from that time. Since 2020, LI has been more or less defunct on that front. But, yeah, no real contest between both. NLUD is ahead in nearly everything from scholarships to relevant co-curriculars. NLUJ isn't bad by any means, but other than placements, it isn't on par anywhere else. And NLUD can still attract good faculty in future thanks to the reputation and location, can't say the same for NLUJ.
NLUJ placements are pound for pound better than NLUD's at this stage, but I agree with the rest.
You are comparing a V8 Breathing fire cracker with a run of the mill 3 cylinder Engine city commuter, Which drug did you happen to ingest tonight, I want the same ;)

Hands down NLUD in any aspect whatsoever you may try to compare.
Err...the difference between the two places is not that much either. You should stay off the hyperbole. If you meet the grads from both places at work 6 months after graduation, you won't be able to pick them apart.
All the NLUD trolls who are downvoting this perfectly reasonable comment should note that it is because of this type of behaviour that they give their institution a bad rep. Where's this hunger of being called superior to others even come from?
Bad rep where? On LegallyIndia? Lol. We're doing just fine in the real world. Although, I agree that there's no point to this superiority contest and I wouldn't espouse it.
Well, that can be said for graduates from all the top 6-7 NLUs. But that doesn't mean that one college isn't better than the other as an institution.
Students are what institutions are really known for, not how many storied buildings you have. If you cannot tell the grads from two places apart, then they really aren't that different as institutions, but belong to the same league.
Maybe you need to meet grads from other places then instead of enjoying an echo chamber with your bros from Jodhpur :)
I have got grads from all the NLUs working for me. It was a professional opinion that you will understand once you actually become part of the profession. Juvenile one-upmanship is strictly a student's game.
For someone looking to cut their teeth in probably in the next batch(what the OP seems to be coming from)- I don’t see how NLUj can outgun NLUd even if I put on a hat of objectively and not let my biases about how good either of them may be. I mean everyone knows the status of faculty and infra at both the places. Also placements are not something to write home about even at j, because a closer look will provide you how by scratching beneath the surface how poor those numbers are. NLUd also may not have set the stage on fire but it’s not like there figures were in shambles.

And if everyone is the same irrespective of what top 6-7 or more NLUs they come out of then what would be the point of even comparing :)
Completely agree with the last sentence. All that the students, faculty, admin and alumni should focus on is how to improve their own institution compared to what it used to be yesterday. Anything else is a waste of time.