Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
I work in the chamber of a Senior Advocate, I don't have an issue with the work and timings but at times I just get disappointed/depressed with the abusive and harsh words used by him and it leaves me in Self-doubt and all the confidence that I have gathered is shattered. I would be grateful if you could suggest the way you dealt with the situation and grow from it. How can a caterpillar turn into a butterfly?
Have a hobby outside work which you are good at. This will ensure your confidence isn’t built on the work/ profession you do. Your self worth will be derived from more than just your day job. Humans crave feedback and appreciation so it doesn’t have to come only from you day job.

Also, speak to close friends about this. They may be going through the same issue and will be better abe to sympathise with you. Lawyers need a strong support system which can help them bounce back.

If it’s getting too bad, tolerate it till you have decent level of experience that you can switch to another place.

Cheers
Leave them.If you continue you will lose your cobfudence to go on your own
They are a bully.

Seeing you upset gives him life.

Don't give him the pleasure. Find a better job and leave if you don't like it there.
Hi dont have suggestions to help you.

But would you be kind and tell us where is he practising ? Area of work maybe? And your pay and PQE?

Ofcourse, asking for a friend!
It is better to consult a psychologist.

Having an abusive senior is a common problem and it can be sorted out. It's only a mind game. Play it.
A 3-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.