Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
As a first year associate in a tier 1 law firm what exactly will they ask me to do from morning 10am to evening 7-8 pm? I have also heard the work of an associate is boring? Is it true? If it is when does the work start getting interesting?
worked in GC for a year. As a new associate, lot of the work is conducting DD, verification of claims made by entities by scouring through VDRs and summarizing your findings. Work was repetitive for me in the first 2 months, since all your work has to be checked by your senior to ensure that they correct the mistakes you will inevitably make, so they tend to give you work that is easier to correct for someone with experience. The documentation is often voluminous, and confusing because there will be a lot of forms, reports, resolutions etc. that look similar but will have a minute difference which is what you're looking to point out, so reading that will take time and effort, at least initially.

Is it interesting? For me, yes and no. Yes because everything I did was new and something to learn, but the work itself isn't inherently interesting. When it starts to get diversified such as assisting on drafting SHA / SSA, research for issuance of legal opinion etc, it gets better.

I left the law firm to join a family member's practice but I wouldn't mind continuing in the firm tbh.
can u refer me to your place if they have a vacancy.Gen Corp lawyer here.
bhai im a former A1....freshee hiring is through internships / day 0s and lateral hiring ki recommendation partner deta hai not me
at what stage do corporate lawers start making mergers and go and do some real legal work?