Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
For that every NLU has to be in a near equal footing. There is a stark difference between NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, GNLU, NLUJ, NLIU Abd other NLUs. Additionally difference between the top 5 is also persists which might not be the case in the next 15-20 years as we have seen with the IITs and IIMs where IIT Delhi and Bombay havenโ€™t been the top institute for a while and also the rank shift noticed between IIMs ABC .NLU Delhi might need to come under purview of CLAT .. for a uniform presentation of the NLUs as a National Institute.
IITs, IIMs etc. are also not on 'equal footing'. Didn't stop them from becoming nationalised institutes. However, I agree that it is not going to happen for NLUs, since this government isn't really interested in doing anything for education, let alone legal education, other than saffronising it.
Experts say: A Constitutional Amendment and the support of 2/3rds members in the Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha respectively is required to successfully pass it.
ONOE is a non starter, there are state govts who are in various stages of their terms, it will be impossible to get them to resign or get president's rule, unlike demo there are clear consti guidelines which cannot be breached (unless of course we throw the consti away like our neighbour to the west and north)

Indira tried this at her height of power in 1972, she did not succeed, Namo is unlikely to try this.

UCC + women reservation is most likely to happen, the draft is ready. It has been circulated a couple of times, and fits with BJP agenda.
33% women reservation? That's the worst shit I have heard in a decade.
How can you justify one thing seats reserved in democratic elections, it doesn't make sense. These MPs will be labelled as reserved class and not given voices.

Our parliament already has several eminent women MPs
Effectively, the seats are reserved for the wealthy now. How many MPs or MLAs are not millionaires or wealthier today? I don't see you objecting to that.
Probably change the law to ensure that they win the next elections

HAIL!
How's this trollish and the one it responded to isn't? At least I refrained from the Nazi salute.
You Gen Z kids are clueless and so is the media. You can't just call a session of parliament and announce one nation one election!!! You have to amend the Constitution!!

The announcement will have to pertain to something which can be done through a Bill, rather than a constitutional amendment. UCC or Universal Income is my bet.