Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hello. Having recently joined Indus Law Bangalore office as an A0, I wanted to ask if law firms have inter-office transfer policy? As my family resides in Mumbai, I'm curious to know if there is a possibility for me to transfer offices from indus blr to indus mumbai (and after how much time is it okay to ask this to the HR). I would greatly appreciate insights from any seniors or individuals familiar with the firm's transfer process.
Depends on the partner & the team. If it is a big team which has partners based out of Mumbai too, it should be easy to convince them. However, if its not, then it may not be so easy. Would also depend on the fact if they are convinced with your reason behind the move.

This is what the policy says- "If a Retainer so requests, he/she may be transferred to any of the other offices of the Firm, subject to the final decision of the Partners in this regard."

In essence, if it is an Intra team transfer, it should be easy. However, if it is a Inter-team transfer, may be difficult.
Which team are you in? Is there a hiring freeze in indus cap marks mumbai?