Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
I am a 2023 graduate from a not so great private college, first gen lawyer. I tried getting into good/decent law firms but after a few interviews and multiple mails ghosted by HRs I joined an Advocates office because"kab tak ghar pe baithi rhti". This place is proper proper civil litigation....not what I had expected. The team is not so great either with 6 juniors who have joined in the past one month and the seniors who also don't have much experience. NO pay for 3 months (probation).

I want to get out of this but how and where I still don't know. Please guide.

P.S- I am willing to surrender my bci registration for an in-house role as well
Try finding a chamber that has corporate litigation or general corporate practice.That you would be able to shift more easily to core law firm profile later on.sticking with civil litigation would only narrow your career path since you'll be an advocate only and your skill set wouldn't align
Bro have some empathy, Just because you had a privilege of going to to fancy college 4-5 years later, doesn't mean you have the right to look down upon others. We all know how tough this profession is for freshers, so kindly be a little less brash.