Read 137 comments as:
Filter By
They need to be sterilised and that provides an amicable solution where they won't be removed from campus and the situation dies down naturally
There is an entire litter of puppies which were born on campus this semester,at this rate we are looking at them increasing in numbers over the summer,the current requirement is to have them sterilised on campus,this just prevents future situations while providing an anicat
what if they eat some chocolate by mistake, seems like a better choice than parle g?
It is not the job of the students to clean up after the dogs. Make your campus supervisor or admin accountable for keeping the campus clean.
A 12-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
Today stray humans led to the death of at least a million other humans all over the world. Based on all reports combined. You should start culling everyone.
I also see plenty of people with guns in the US campuses of schools and colleges. I sure as hell don't want that here either.
We were talking about the hostels and campus, genius. Not your backwater hometown.
A 11-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
I'm not advocating for it by any means, but don't be shocked if some students start carrying cricket bats to violently defend themselves against dogs, dare I say, even beat them up in order to stay safe. Ir would only make sense
A 59-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Love Day ke waastey tu mere ghar aa jana, main tujhe bhi wo khana khilaunga jissey tu bhi takatwar banega. Doga banega re tu Faizal! Doga!
Tere khilaye khaane se takatwar bana kutta agar mujhe kaatega to mein Teri pitayi kar sakta huun?
Dog lovers donโ€™t like to discuss money do they ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ
Very well compiled bro. Everyone wants a solution and what the dog lovers are doing is just being rigid by sticking their head under the sand like an ostrich and not looking to come to a mutual point. Letโ€™s hope something fruitful can be done.
seems like NLUJ has gone to the dogs....literally. Just to clarify, are we paying this hefty fee for crumbling infra or the dogs?
That's a reasonable expectation. People who really love those dogs can try to do this together. It's for the benefit of the dogs only. At my NLU, that is how things happen for the most part, though we have only 4-5 dogs in the campus.
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Wait for a week then, love your attitude though ;)

Also do remember there is always a bigger fish if you think that people canโ€™t outpower you.
Thanks for the lovely and intelligent solution, unfortunately I am not going to take it
You do your research, it's not my responsibility to educate you. I don't work at your convenience.
No one raises the dogs, they are born here and they bring themselves up, and they deserve to be here however, feeding is my choice. However I don't expect you to understand, if you have a problem with it, take it up with the authorities
Yeah not gonna that either and best of luck, keep at it with your most sincere attempts
Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m saying, canโ€™t the pet lovers association take the lead and get them vaccinated. I would be happy to pay out of my pocket if they canโ€™t afford the bills.
Why donโ€™t you keep them in your room then. university is not a public space. Wait for them to be thrown out.
If I raise him like you raise the dogs then Iโ€™ll be happy to pay.
You can have a safe environment without throwing them out illegally, maybe if you explored that option, the campus would actually be a safe space
What a deeply insightful take, you seem like a serious and mature person
No, why should we do it, not gonna do it and the dogs will stay too. Thanks for you suggestion.
It is our choice to feed them and not take responsibility unless it's a binding order by a court.
Are you going to be held financially liable if your friend attacks someone else?
Can't do your research for you, buddy. You need to get off your ass and read. As for vaccination, who is stopping that? All the dogs should regularly be vaccinated. Just like all the students.
Ofc you fail to understand, they have been removed multiple times in the past, illegally, and they didn't randomly start existing again in the "enclosed space". Not gonna make you understand, it seems pointless. Lol.
Campus is an enclosed space so I fail to understand unless the dogs use some spring and ladders to jump back in how the hell are you going to repopulate the campus premise. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Please provide some source of your scientific and behavioural study, because last I heard the eminent journal of Bullshitting isnโ€™t a valid source to justify letting all the dogs loose without vaccination, and with no care for population control
read the orissa hc case before going beserk on the keyboard, the dogs can be relocated
The sense of entitlement is truly astounding, there is a court or BTW that you'll be liable for such expenses so it's not really your choice
In Hinduism, dogs have time and again been shown as loving companions of humans. Dharma himself posed as a dog to accompany Yudhisthir to the gateway of heaven.
Hear, hear. People who cannot show basic empathy to animals genetically pre-disposed to love and be loyal to humans, when given legal education, may turn into dangerous and harmful members of the society.
Just to clarify, I love dogs like labradors, golden retrievers, spaniels, boxers, Dalmatians, pugs, dachshunds and huskies. My aunt has a lovely, well-behaved Labrador named Cindy. But I HATE street dogs and support their culling.
The college tries to give you a holistic development and that includes surviving among dangerous animals to enhance your survival skills.
FYI, the videos we'll make are not for social media clout, they'll be used as evidence in court when you'll be asked to take care of the dogs living expenses and medical expenses for anyone injured by the dogs
We can also take videos of people demanding they illegally be removed, harassing animal rights activists for protesting to the illegal removal and the actual illegal removal of the dogs
So sorry, didnโ€™t know that a switch gets flicked and they go silent as soon as the sun rises. Iโ€™m in the wrong thenโ€ฆ. Pls forgive me will you :((((
I have actually done that several times. I did not disturb them and they showed me the same courtesy. That's how most animals behave actually.
A 41-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Impressive how unaware you seem to be. Simply because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it hasn't occurred for others. Your dismissal of these students' claims, acting as if you're an expert on every dog's behavior, is just amazing.
If I'm fed up of this drivel about dogs being published here again and again, I can't ask your parents to keep you in a penthouse with no Internet, can I now?
so here's the deal, i am walking to the mess minding my own business, and a dog comes and bites me

and somehow that is my fault, wow, way to victim blame
Everyone is fed up of this dogs nuisance in gnlu. You cannot walk to the most, cafeteria,classes without being barked at and followed by these four legged creatures. If you love dogs so much, kindly adopt them or buy them a penthouse so that they don't attack the human race.
Um... I have seen with my own eyes people on the road throw stones at puppies, kittens and baby monkeys. Just the other day the news reported that a person killed an innocent baby monkey. Such people deserve zero sympathy when they get bitten.
Absolutely correct!! ๐Ÿ’ฏ Two thumbs up!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Dogs perceive the world through their noses. When stinky boy students who haven't bathed in days and smell of tobacco/weed walk up to dogs, they associate that smell with drug addicts, vagrants, burglars etc. So they get aggressive.
A 20-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
WRONG, nobody taunts a dog to come poop in front of their doors and tip over dustbins filled with sanitary pads, besides biting disabled students
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Come to nalsar you will see that we live amongst dogs, snakes and mokeys
Oooh please. Stop exaggerating. I have never seen dogs bark in daylight. At night yes, but never in daylight. At night they become territorial, but they become chill in the morning.
The level of dog-phobia among so-called educated law students is shameful. Those accusing dogs of biting humans, please first find out if the dog was provoked by taunting or throwing stones, which is normalised behaviour in India.
Maneka Gandhi is known to even threaten judges in private, to pass orders favourable to her. It's incredible how she alongwith her army of brainwashed people have operated in a manner reminiscent of mafia and strongmen, with sheer impunity for so long.
Nluo just went to Odisha HC, after it was stopped by Maneka Gandhi while evicting the dogs.
I mean, we live with scorpions and snakes in NLS as well. Don't know when the admin will take measures to make the campus human-friendly.
The Registrar has apparently been made aware of the Odisha HC order. Will hopefully see some action in 3-4 days.
Iโ€™m a regular jogger and itโ€™s scary in the morning when at any given point of time 15 dogs want to chase you. We are truly living in troubled scenario