Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
State Uni Guy Here.

Placement scene in these year was terrible, so no placements . Got a job in a firm on my own . The practice area is quite aligned but there isn't not much work .Though, I am gradually picking up, but still growth is slow. Also, WFO isn't helping also since have to live a rented space in a new city.

Pay is not that great either but as compared to my unemployed peers, i'm doing pretty well. I'm applying at several other places as well but almost same payscale. Also, tier - firms aren't hiring non-nlu freshers so that isn't a choice.

Have some family issues so can't leave an earning opportunity as well and prepare for Govt exams or LLM (altheast for an year). What should I do?
Count your money, and know that you're job is a way to pay your bills- nothing more.
Slog till you make it to decent paying team / in house role with good work life balance. Money is important in early stages. Save well so that once you decide law firm life is basically modern slavery, you'll have enough financial buffer to try something else.
im trying my hand at investment banking and equity analysis, but that switch will take some time. Also, meanwhile im also applying to other places but the payscale is pretty much the same.