Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Long story short I am from MP. Wasn’t too happy with (still not happy) my current college. It’s a tier-2 nlu (not Odisha) , I am studying there and i am retaking both the exams again. I am able to manage acad with clat/ailet surprisingly well. The only problem is that I am giving way moreee priority to ailet over clat. Clat’s reasoning is way easier but ailet feels more difficult to me and hence more attractive as an option. Now I know I may end up getting nothing after giving clat and ailet again. But till then will I be too stupid to prefer nlu Delhi over nalsar considering the amount of time spent for ailet is much higher this attempt?
Didn't have to. AILET is not a transparent exam. A lot of things happen regularly behind the scenes.
This is just a cheap excuse that people who flunked AILET like to tell themselves. That there was some conspiracy to keep them out. AILET has had far lesser scams than CLAT, if any. And the rise of NLUD clearly evidences that AILET has done its job as far as student quality goes.
Clearly, AILET did not teach you enough logic to distinguish between not attempting an exam and flunking the exam. It's okay, you can still learn. AILET has had lesser official controversies because it is more opaque, that's all.
You can keep saying you didn't take the AILET as another kind of excuse but the fact remains that you didn't actually get an offer of admission at NLUD, don't really know anything about the place and are merely commenting out of what looks like some begrudging jealousy. If you really think it's so bad, no reason to comment so much about it.
By your logic, you should refrain from comparing NLUD with any other NLU at all, since you have not studied in any of those and hence don't know about any of those at all. Given the PR that NLUD does and that we live in an information age, it is difficult not to get to know about the university even though one does not actually study there. Further, you must learn to distinguish between a fact and an excuse, and stop treating AILET as a holy grail that one has to have sipped from before they can comment about a public university, trolls from which keep bandying about their superiority over others.
Aim for NLSIU. Much superior than any other choice that you have. The alum base alone will dazzle your eyes and we have the best VC, best faculty and unparalleled reputation in every field of law. Forget every other option. You will make it.
No one wants to touch this question with a ten feet poll :P Kidding, NALSAR is great for placements. Choosing NLU D is acceptable, if you would have still chosen NLU D even if the choice was between NLU D and NLSIU. But if you would have chosen NLSIU over NLU D in the aforementioned scenario then for the same reasons choose NALSAR over NLU D. NLS and NALSAR are the original Tier 1s and continue to be so.
NLU Delhi is a better choice than NALSAR. With the massive batch size and domicile at NLS, I’d suggest preferring NLUD over that place too.
What massive batch size? NLUD and NALSAR both have a batch size of 123 students.
better on what terms, ya all gloat over the silly nerf index which has weird institutions listed above nliu Bhopal too and in terms of nerf itself, the difference is only of a point.
Nah dude, nalsar is better considering the fact that they have a larger alumni base. I chose nalsar over nlud too, and no regrets.
choose NALSAR over NLUD considering this year NALSAR also scored the highest NAAC ratings among all law schools even NLS. This means more funding and more spending on the institution.
NAAC rating hardly means any substantially higher funding. Both NLUD and NALSAR will be dependent on state government grants to keep going.
NAAC rating allows NLUs to start new distance courses without UGC approval. It also allows more central government research project funding.
only plus with NLUD is the location, everything else NALSAR wins easy.
NALSAR literally has a lower record overall in UPSC and judiciary selections, international moot and ADR wins, lesser debating achievements and poorer faculty than NLUD despite being a decade older. And I’ve actually been following both these places for the past 10 years. NLUD has more alums of NALSAR teaching there than NALSAR does. So no, NALSAR is definitely not superior on any front except maybe law firm placement numbers.
Currently NLUD faculty and NALSAR faculty are comparable. NLUD did use to have an advantage between 2016 and 2022 when Mrinal, Chinmayi, Aparna, Arul, Harpreet all were there.
NLUD over NALSAR. NLUD has a more nationalistic character than NALSAR ever will.