Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
KLE Law College,St.Josephs, BMS Law College these are having good name,

If you want a average law College go for sjrc, vv Puram, Ram Manohar Lohia College, and BES Law College.

Private University colleges are CMR Law School, Dayanand Sagar Law college.

If you have money go for NLSIU.
Good advice but money can't buy a seat at NLSIU.

Only NLS Bangalore is great for LLB 3 year program in Bengaluru.

Delhi University, BHU, GLC Mumbai etc are other good option.

Jindal Global Law School if you can afford the cost.
NLSIU is not at all great for the 3-Year programme. They haven't had a single batch graduate yet, the ones who are currently studying are finding it difficult to get internships or placement offers and the 5-Year alumni and students don't really consider them as fellow Law School-ites. The 5 Year programme at NLSIU is still a fantastic opportunity, not the 3 Year.
This is so true. The amount of discrimination that we (students of 3 year LLB) face is unbelievable. The RCC of 5-year LLB won't cooperate a bit with our RCC and firms almost never reply to our RCC's mails. Even if a few firms reply, eventually they don't provide any internships.

Honestly, if I knew that I would get the same opps after graduation then I would have chose DU over NLS. Now, I'll have to repay my student loans.
Sure, with the fantastic placements the 5 yr BALLB batch had this year, prospects are certainly very good for the 5 yr batch. Happy unemployment.
It's still one of the best as a percentage of the batch that got placed
No, it isn't. However, that's because it had a bad year. Things are growing worse though because of the humongous batch size now.
As a percentage of the batch, things will remain the same. I don't see a reason why firms will prefer a below average kid in NUJS over an average kid in NLS.
You cannot see that because you are not aware of the reality. Studying at NLSIU does not make anyone automatically eligible for a job, nor at NUJS. The campus placements depend on the alumni and their influence on the recruiters for the most part. NLSIU alumni have their lobby and so do NUJS alumni. Simply because the number of NLSIU students who seek a job increases, that does not give the alum any additional leverage to recruit more. Further, increase in batch strength means dilution of standards, inevitably. Most NLUs including NLSIU, NUJS and GNLU are guilty of that now.
If it's based on alumni base then no other NLU comes close to NLS. The founders of Trilegal are NLS alums yet CAM threw the most number of offers at NLS at least for the last 2years. By your logic, Trilegal should be hiring the most number of people from NLS which is not true!
Sorry, you just don't get how the hiring works for firms. Founders don't get to decide which A0s to hire, that's way below their pay grade. NLSIU alum base is fantastic, but in the Indian law firm circle now, they are well matched by alum from other old NLUs, to the extent that NLS grads don't get a huge comparative advantage over other grads. Further, even with that alum base, they aren't going to be able to do any better in terms of absolute hire numbers, hence a corresponding increase that would lead to consistent batch percentage isn't likely to happen. However, by all means don't take my word for it but wait for another couple of years to see that for yourself. Personally, I'll be very happy if more jobs come to NLSIU or any other NLU at all.
This is accurate. Moreover, everyone should understand that the actual number of T1 jobs isn't really increasing on a regular basis. Hence if the NLUs keep increasing their student intake, more people would be left without jobs.
pls I learnt that BMS couldn't even conduct exams in covid and so now the students are writing the exams along with their current exams. So, they had to give the current years exams along with the previous years.

Source of information: students of BMS who I was cointerning with.
It is because of the University. As a KSLU Student it was the fate of us during pandemic.so every college did the same thing, BMS is not a exception
BMS is a big joke. The faculty don't even conduct any form of research. You are better off with Alliance or CMR. They at least have better resources and faculty.
Go to any conveniently located 3-year college in Bangalore, start practice and forget about the whole "NLSIU 5yr v 3 yr v Jindal v NUJS" crap. Do your best and then focus on your clients and the profession will reward you even if the trolls snicker. Unless you have a golden family entry ticket, law requires and invites you to make your own way. Get in somewhere, do your work, and serve your clients faithfully, you'll be perfectly happy in life.
If you want to get into litigation go for any college which you think as best. College doesn't matter in litigation. And in Bengaluru almost all colleges are Affiliated to KSLU(Karnataka State Law University) their valuation system is worst. They have very low passing percentage, if possible go for autonomous law college or private Universities to pursue 3yr LLB in Bengaluru.
KLE is a great college; however, it is affiliated with KSLU. I don't study at KLE myself, but being under KSLU, I can attest to its terrible reputation. The exams are fairly easy, and the syllabus is quite good. The syllabus, along with the way exams are structured, expects you to thoroughly understand the law. Additionally, KSLU places significant emphasis on learning the practicalities of the law. A substantial part of the syllabus comprises practical training subjects such as ADR, moot courts, internships, and court visits. Students are expected to shadow advocates, maintain diaries of their work at law offices, keep a court diary, and have a case diary (where they follow a specific case, attend hearings, and record arguments and such). KSLU has a strong focus on litigation.

The problem with KSLU is that they do not carefully evaluate your answers. Evaluation at KSLU is subpar, and not many students pass on their first attempt. In fact, the pass percentage is so low that no student expects to clear all their papers in one go. However, most students who initially fail end up passing after re-evaluation. It's not impossible, and many students do pass all their papers in the first attempt, but succeeding requires much more than just writing well. Moreover, since it's a state university, there are administrative issues to deal with such as delays in announcing exam dates, making it challenging to plan internships.

This is not meant to discourage you. Students at universities affiliated with KSLU are still succeeding. You just need to put in a bit more effort compared to NLU students. NLS is a great option if you can afford it, but remember that their 3-year program is new (only in its second year). You're better off choosing a college with a strong alumni network and a well-established program. Just ensure that whatever college you choose has excellent administration and a robust support system. KSLU is already challenging to deal with, so don't add a bad college to the mix.