Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.livelaw.in/high-court/karnataka-high-court/karnataka-high-court-directs-llb-admission-nlsiu-transgender-quota-235875

Please explain this order? Seems like it? If yes, how much more reservation do we need? We already have reservation for SC, ST, OBC, EWS and domicile. Now trans people want it. IMO this is nothing but virtue-signalling and wokeism. If trans people are backward, then they should apply either under EWS or SC/ST/OBC quota, depending on their social background. Why should a trans person have quota privileges outside these categories?
Because trans people are marginalized regardless of their caste, community etc? Do you even study law at all? Otherwise you would have known about this. Some merit your unreserved self is displaying here!
If there will be reservation for people who disadvantaged on factors other than caste or income, then I can argue that alongside trans people the following people too need reservation:

1. Survivors of violence against women

2. Single mothers

3. Children of single mothers

4. Gays

5. People with AIDS

6. People with cancer

You see? We will go down a slippery slope.
People with cancer get discriminated against? And the slope is not slippery at all. If there is any identifiable community facing historical oppression and marginalisation, then they are entitled to affirmative action. If you can't understand that as a student of law, then you should study more.
You question deserve merit and need to be answered. As a trans person I would say EWS, SC/ST/OBC are the categories so is the transgender. There are various report documenting their backwardness. In determination of reservation of seats, it is the extensive documentary proof with regard to particular distinctive group which matter.

Transgenders suffer violence and discrimination because of their non-conformity and their distinctive gender/sex identity, they suffer discrimination solely on the ground of their gender-identity and they are often prohibited from entering many places this is why there is provision for them in Transgender Persons Act, 2019 i.e., denial of the right of passage in public place. They suffer from the curse of untouchability. Their mother and father abandon them from the time of birth. While coming out they suffer from assault and threat to their life from their own family member. They are killed solely on the ground of their gender/sex identity. They are aborted due to their sexual mark. They are subjected to surgery without their consent from their birth. They often drop out from school and run away from their abusive home. They often resort to prostitution and begging. They suffer isolation and a sense of abandonment from their family member. They fear from public so enrolled themselves in distance education.

What more do you need to know? Have you seen anyone suffer from such severe kind of disabilities. Does EWS/SC/ST/OBC face untouchability, abandonment, threat to their life from their own family, denial of the right of passage. The Transgender community does not hold political power due to their extreme backwardness.

Now I have myself wrote to the Chief Minister of Delhi to register one seat for me in NLUD by issuing a Government Order in the memory of supreme sacrifice of Sahibzada Baba Zorawar Singh and Sahibzada Baba Fateh Singh so as to pay homage to the sons who fought for the faith of the motherland.

I am seeking reservation on the basis of exemplary achievement in the field of social work through the agency of law and Constitution of India.

I cannot get in NLUD from AILET -2024, and now my fate lies with the Atishi Singh Education Minister of NCT of Delhi.
A 169-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.