Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Absolutely in love with a colleague from another team at my firm. I know relationships are looked down upon in law firms. Especially tier 1. They’re senior to me rank-wise and age-wise too. And we do talk - likes me back but we have to be really discreet. Don’t know if that’s more harmful or just being open and casually hanging out in front of everyone is more harmful.
Not trying to discourage, but be very careful. Often law firm girls/boys enter into fake relationships with other girls/boys for selfish materialistic reasons only, rather than love -- just as it was the case in law school. I always tell people to look for partners outside the legal profession, as lawyers are just awful people.
Why is this contested? It’s well known how scheming lawyers are in matters of relationships. Even good people become mean after becoming lawyers.
Bhai discreet reh if you are meant to be shadi me sabko invite bhej dena
They toy with your appraisals, give bad feedback - that sort of experience. Also use that as an excuse to treat you like garbage
They is not solely a 'term of plurality'. It is also a gender-neutral term when referring to a third persoon.
They is a gender neutral pronoun, not everywhere an indication of the gender of the person is required
Last year I met a Guy who joined as an A0 at my office. He was 6ft tall, had goofy hair, a cute smile and a heart full of gold. He ticked off all my boxes Religion, Looks, Compatibility, Chemistry, Communication, Intelligence. Needless to say I developed a crush on him within a week's time. He was the one I couldn't even dare to dream about. But universe had other plans for us.

He asked me if we could date in a month's time and I agreed.
During work hours, we remained extremely discreet and did not disclose the relationship (though our friends figured out something was cooking) Seniors did try to pull us apart or create unneccessary ego conflicts, but thankfully we were mature enough to not let any of this affect our relationship.

He left office after 3 months and even law to join his family business.

Point being, if the love is real, seal it

Its been 18 months to us, and we are going strong each passing day!!!!
In the long run it won't matter. Even in Tier-1 firms I have seen female partners dating their junior PAs. A few years down the line all of this won't matter. If you like someone, don't feel deterred by these irrelevant societal norms. It's normal in today's world for women to date younger men.
I am in a Tier 1 firm. What you are telling is straight out of some fantasy fiction. I have never seen any female partner dating a junior PA. Infact never seen any female lawyer dating below thier rank. They rarely have boyfriends who are not in tier 1 firms. Even if they have it's not out of choice.

Male lawyers I agree. Have seen many male partners dating SA/PA females. Even seen a male partner marrying an associate. Seen many guys dating from house/lower ranking firms. Sometimes they even put pressure on ladies to give up on t1 jobs and go in house.
I know atleast 25 female partners from Trilegal, SCAM and KCo who are dating Counsel/ PAs.
A female partner will not willingly date male partners. Have you seen them? When money doesnt matter looks come in hand.
I began dating an A0 who joined my office when i was interning there. I changed office in a few months and he changed his career altogether. The love kept growing.

3.5 years later, we got married and our having our best time together.
A 4-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.