Read 49 comments as:
Filter By
I am in 4th Year of law school at a tier 2 law school. Fell in love with a 2nd Year boy. He is just 1 year younger than me (repeat year for clat while I didn't) We keep the relationship as private, except some close friends know.

This is not a hookup or just some joke.

How to navigate this. It's super weird for me while he is fine with this. Any female perspectives would be appreciated. I am not confident.
Because the guy has probably gotten into Tier 1 which she isn't mentioning.
This is nothing to be ashamed or worried of. It's fine, even I study in a tier two nlu and there have been and are couples here where the female is a senior. Grow up girl the society is progressing. Turn blind to people who speak otherwise.
I wish you well, but I will be frank based on what I have seen in my college: it’s almost as taboo as an inter-caste marriage in an Indian village. People will scorn you and troll you both, passing mean comments. Some may even partly ostracise you by not sharing your table in the mess etc. I have seen such things. Heck, look even at “modern” India and the amount of trolling Priyanka Chopra had to face for marrying Nick Jonas, who is 9 years younger.

What I would advise is that you keep it under wraps and then leave India after graduation and get married abroad and settle there. People are not judgemental there, NickYanka being the best example.
Do you think PC was affected or cared a bit about the trolls. Except the one off aunty nobody seems to care these days, so do anything you like as long as there's no overt PDA and everyone is above 15.
Learn something from him. He took a repeat year and is earning respect.
Rattlesnake bite :- the term invented by a small community in Africa to describe the element of surprise. You might have questioned his ability when he was repeating and now see that he is ahead of you. So ahead that you have to ask dating advice here.
Senior girls dating junior boys is the trend in CNLU these days. 😬
NLUs have a lot of these kind of relationships where predatory senior boy/girl get involved with someone from junior batches (upto 5years), this imo is morally, ethically and politically insensitive and wrong. NALSAR has a lot of these people
▮▮▮ has the most toxic and egoistic crowds especially considering they don't even look good.
I was a decent looking, 5'6" guy at NALSAR first year. Why did no senior get involved with me. 😭
There's nothing wrong as long as there is consent and everyone is above 16. When I joined college, I was 17 yrs old when a 5th year student who was like 25 from Bangaldesh (looked mid) asked took me to a date on freshers which turned to a full blown relationship later.

The best sex I ever had in life though, and girls that age don't talk stupid unnecessary things and make frivolous assumptions on every silly thing. (Also she helped me with internships and notes)
What others say shouldn't matter if your relationship makes both of you happy.
Dont give rats ass about what others think.

The day you are able to implement this fully, you will have 50% less stress in life. Took me some really bad experiences to get there. Once I did, life was simpler and less complicated.
Nothing wrong in this.

I am 23, my gf is 25.

I haven't been graduated yet, she's gonna begin her PHD this year.

it's been happy 9 years together ;)
PhD at 25 ? No work experience and wants to go for a PhD. Sad state of affairs. Mandatory work exp of 5 years should be required for people pursuing PhD or Judiciary too.
I don't think Gen Z is too bothered if the girl is older than the guy. Also, it makes so much sense for girls to marry younger guys: fit body and their sperm is healthier, so better quality of children. However, boomers, Gen X and Gen Y are not comfortable with it.
Why do you assume girls are looking only for having children when getting with a guy?
Major hyper game vibes. Feeling good for the boy. Dude’s winning at life.
If it were the opposite she would be labelled a gold digger fr
Life's a battlefield, and right now, you're standing at a critical juncture. Your love interest has taken a different path, charting a new course by switching colleges. It's a reminder that we're all captains of our own destinies. Now it's your turn to seize the helm of your own ship, and here's how I think you should go about it.

First and foremost, let go. Inhale forgiveness and exhale the past. Your former flame made a choice, and so must you. Your focus, my young friend, should be on cracking the life code we call financial independence. Money may not buy happiness, but it offers the freedom to find it on your own terms. You're on the cusp of your final year; it's the perfect moment to hone your skills to a razor-sharp edge, priming yourself to be a force to be reckoned with in your chosen field.

Brace yourself; the industry you're stepping into won't offer you a gentle landing. As a newcomer, you may often feel like you're drowning in a sea of expectations, your capabilities always a notch below what's asked of you. It's a high-stakes arena, and the last thing you need is to get caught in the clutches of your own anxiety. Trust me, in these moments of struggle, the fleeting romantic escapades of the past won't come galloping to your rescue.

In your journey, you'll undoubtedly cross paths with a variety of characters—some genuinely a treasure, but many could very well be the devil incarnate. Navigate with discernment; know when to extend your hand and when to draw your sword. Keep your eyes open, but more importantly, wear your game face. Treasure the comrades who will brave the coming tempests alongside you, for they are your true North Stars.

So, my warrior of life, step into the arena with fire in your belly and thunder in your voice. Take your cue from Nolan's cinematic wisdom: "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." Unfurl your battle cry and march forward, for this, my dear, is your time to shine.
Stop ruining his life. You'll end up dumping him for a more successful partner in a law firm. While he'll end up being a clerk. Leave the kid alone
A 5-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.