Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I graduated in 2023 and am currently doing an In-house role, but I want to shift to a law firm, in their Gen corp/M&A teams. Is it possible? If yes, Then how?
Hi buddy. I did the same thing. I graduated in 2019 from Delhi University then sat for 2-3 mains of judicial service and after failing in all of them eventually joined in house. I worked in house in reliance for a year then switched to boutique law firm. You can also make a switch but let me tell you law firm lawyers have a prejudice towards in house since they are accustomed to work 9-5(in house). So if you don't get direct entry in tier-1, then join tier-2 and gradually scale up the ladder. Work is good but timings are demanding. You will learn in both positions. In law firm you will learn faster as you will put more hours. Jo jitna time dega vo utna seekhega. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply!

Can you please tell me what exactly did you do to make this switch? It would be very helpful. Thank you
Hi. I used to send cold message(s) to all the partners and recruiters on Linkedin as well as on email. But my email used to be precise and I purposely connected with general corporate partners only. Finally, as luck would have it, one of the partner was kind enough to call me in. However, since they called me that very day on which I sent the message, I was not properly prepared. I kind of choked in my interview. But the opening was urgent, and they took me in. I hope this might help you. Good luck.
I'm in the exact same position. Currently working in-house then planning to shift to law firm after a year or so
I did it. Worked in a big ass company's general corp (M&A) team. Cracked an interview for the post of an SA. Got it. Also a lot of Banking and finance lawyer's in my firm are from ICICI or other banks.
They must be from HNLU. Lot of folks in Saraf/Luthra in B&F are Ex-ICICI from HNLU.