Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Can we cold DM partners and employers on LinkedIn? Is it okay? How do you do that? Things to be kept in mind? Tacts? For Internships? Is that something too trivial to cold DM a partner for? Jobs? Is that something too big to ask on a cold DM? Will it ruin my LinkedIn image in any way?
Chances of getting a positive and meaningful response are more in Cold Emailing than Cold DMing on LinkedIn, per my personal experience. It worked for me. I got interview calls from four Tier 1s and three Tier 2s and Job offers from two of the Tier 1s and all of the Tier 2s. I was an average student of one of the Tier 3 NLUs.

However, it depends on the practice area, your CV and most importantly your email (cover letter) so that they don't send your email into the trash without even looking at your CV. You must have a track record in the practice area you are applying to. Don't just beg for 'a job' but 'the job'. Law Firm Partners are very busy, so don't waste their time if your CV does not contain some of the prerequisites for 'the Job'.

Be smart and figure it out.

P.S. Don't email a Partner for an internship. Try connecting to PAs and SAs for that.