Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Hi people,

I'm 44 years old. I plan to attempt nlsui. I am not from law background. I have a career in IT in namma Bengaluru....is it good idea??? Also I have no degree from any law school so how long would it take me to graduate????
I mean you can. You’ll definitely be the oldest student by far. The llb will take three years. You should be willing to learn though - no one will care about your IT career or be impressed with it at law school. They might politely go “ oh that’s nice” but that’s about it.

And it’s a competitive fast paced space. There will be many assignments and tests and continuous evaluation and the semester goes by quickly and there is a lot to read every term.Many of your instructors will be much younger than you and the senior professors would be around the same age. I think the VC is about that age now. Make sure that won’t be a problem for you. They know more about the law than you do and you will have to be open to receiving instruction from these people. And I’m unsure what your social life will look like. It’s hard to imagine young college girls will be particularly welcoming or boys for that matter- but you should have a decent social life outside law school anyway. Going through law school as a teenager was hard enough - I can’t quite imagine attempting it as someone with- presumably a family to take care of. Make sure you can put aside the time.Too many older learner’s come into the classroom thinking they already know everything, they monopolise class time talking about nonsense they read on WhatsApp and struggle with doing the work and staying humble. If that doesn’t describe you - you’re fine to join.