Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Seeing a lot of "losing hopes" posts lately. Getting a job in a law firm is not the end of the world. I started my boba tea cart business 4 months- now making 75k profit a month. Will open another cart in a couple of months

( for those curious about economics: profit margin in boba tea is very high because of the korean fad, 50rs per cup and my cart is located near south campus delhi where the genz footfall is very high)

Getting a job at a law firm is not the end of the world after 6 months around 1 lac pm will be passive money for me.
75k profit mei beta wait till the 7 foot jaat policeman walks and keeps asking for commision and then so do the local gundas. 🤣
Thanks for the hope. Will follow your footsteps. Lagta hai ab yehi karna padega. And am serious.
As you've self-indentified, Boba tea is a bubble. Law firms are not (been around in India for decades at the very least). You've assumed a lot more risk (Boba WILL go out of fashion and then the plummeting demand will mean you won't be able to charge nearly as much) and a lot more management headache for a lot less money - 0.75 per month is 9 LPA; T1 firms pay about 15 LPA, and T2 pay around 12 LPA. This difference compounds over time given the attractive stock market or barring that the fact that banks give 7%+ interest rates on simple FDs. So the opportunity cost of what you've done is 6 lakh cash + 42k interest in the first year alone. In the second year, it's 12.42lakh + 87k. It keeps getting worse. Don't do this to yourself guys, don't delude yourself. Try your best to get that corp placement.
What you said applies to a select few who get selected. There are lawyers who don't earn 75K per month even after 10-15 years in the profession.