Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
[serious] Can someone please explain what is the process to switch firms? There are various misdirections in older threads - if someone could give a concise answer it will be helpful for a lot of people.
Apply through a headhunter. They don’t charge you. They charge the firm.

Else, send your CV to a partner via someone you know at the firm

All the best!
General rider: Please note if you switch between practice areas too while switching between firms, you will start as a A0. Yup idk how made this rule but it's really annoying.
Will my anonymity be at stake if I apply through a recruiter? I hope they don't get in touch with my current firm on the pretext of knowing me better
Why is it annoying? if you haven't ever worked with a team and wish to switch, doesnt that make you a newbie?

I understand these firms have contemptible policies, but you cannot bash everything, you still gotta PUAD and learn the work.
Being a newbie yes that's fine, but why should your years of experience be not considered?
This has extremely few answers . Someone who has transitioned from T2/ T3 to T1 firms could help out .After an experience of an year is it sensible to reach out the Partners directly or headhunters is still the best approach ?
I transitioned from a tier 3 firm (not sure if it can be called t3 as well) to a tier 1 firm.

I didn’t have the option to directly approach the partners as I come from a relatively unknown law school, and don’t think they would have even considered. So i suggest reaching out to a headhunter, the process was a very smooth, and within a week, i had an interview plus the offer.