Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Given that pay in litigation (even in a seniors chamber in Delhi) is miserable and incomparable to law firms, it would be nice to know which seniors or even non-designated practitioners pay the best in Delhi? Do some also pay for assistance per case?
Litigation is only for nepo and privileged kids. You should understand that before crying out here.
Why is the stupid moderator marking this comment as trollish? It is a FACT that litigation is only for nepo kids and rich kids.
The state of affairs are pathetic. I fail to understand if they make so much money what's the harm in giving their team what they deserve. This is exploitation and definitely not okay. Anything below 40 k pm is not sustainable and its high time we revolt this
There are labour laws protecting every worker but us in terms of payment and work hours. Ironical
Is 40k really ok though? Even the silliest of firms start associates at 60-70k these days.
I disagree there. A lot of small firms start at 20-30K. The market minimum is lower than 60K. The situation is just pathetic.
I see a big disconnect form the ground level reality in your comment. Please work in trial courts and check what are people being paid. 40k is decent may not be enough for a lavish lifestyle but is enough for sustenance.
Very, very few litigators pay decently. Only the most selective senior advocates come to mind: Abhishek Singhvi, Rajshekhar Rao, Sajan Poovayya, Jayant Mehta, GShanks & Kapil Sibal.

Then again, unless you're a nepo kid or an exceptional overachiever from a T1 NLU, it's unlikely that they'll even consider hiring you.
Agreed. Apart from this, Ritin Rai and Nakul Dewan pay pretty well too. Although, you're right - rarely do these chambers have a vacancy
what do they pay?

I know RSR pays 60+, singhvi about 40, sibal 80+ (but barely any engagement with the senior)

what about the rest? Gshanks, Mehta?
What do you mean by 'barely any engagement'? Could you elaborate please. Juniors don't have much work?
sorry to ask this but as being new to this litigation market who is Gshanks
lol by what metric? hes only talked about so much because 1) hes from NLS so NLS students with no achievements of their own can vicariously live through him and his designated senior status and 2) hes much more visible on internet / social media than others.

Arun Kathpalia is a senior who virtually does no self-promotion yet he is unanimously recognised as an insolvency expert. By this popularity metric some law firm principal associate in Legal500 would be felicitated over him in LI just because of these paid-for rankings.
Just for honesty, Gopal is not on Twitter or Instagram or LinkedIn or even Facebook, so don't know how you say he is on social media. I have never seen any self promotion from him - in fact, also being from the same court, I never see him at parties and such - he pretty much sticks to his family.

He came to Delhi and started without any parents in the profession so wrong to call him nepo.

As for how good he is, each will have their opinion, but just see the arguments in 370, ED Director, EWS Reservation, Election Commission appointments and PMLA and you will find him in all of them. This is the way the Bar and the Courts judge quality, not based on a message board here.
Nepotism was on full display in SC today. Tushar Ms junior Kanu allowed to argue because he has been made JK AAG and Rakesh Dwivedi son also before Kashmir CB. Neither have any independent practsie but only because of godfathers
Jai Anant Dehadrai is a decent paymaster.

Can't vouch for a healthy working environment though.