Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hello Legal Community!

Since we have turned out to be a bunch of slaves to be exploited at the hands of partners in law firms or advocates in law chambers, is anyone of you planning to anytime challenge or stand against the existing system and tell your bosses to be a bit humane. Tell them that you have a life other than this workplace and that you would strictly not want any work apart from 8-9 hours of work that you are doing at the office. That the weekends should be either off completely or a minimal of only 3-4 hours could be devoted on Saturdays. That if the work supply is more and is divisible, keep additional employee(s) and not pile up pressure on the existing associates.

That you partners have no right to abuse your employees who, very likely, have joined your firm/chambers to work leaving their parents and near ones far away in various towns/cities across the country. And that you as partners should be ashamed of not equalizing this profession for individuals from financially middle/lower class strata by not giving them opportunity and enlarging your employee pool despite having heavy workload, and still you choose to come & leave the office space in your Fortuner/Fords/Honda City with your drivers. (There are definitely heavier cars than these, I used the 'basic' models for Partners/Founders for not creating hyperbole).

Speak-up guys. There is a reason people say "Ke jo kuch nahi karta, woh law karta hai". This subjugated attitude of legal professionals is one of the main reasons why law as legal profession is looked down. Certainly there are many more reasons as well. Are you guys willing to challenge this mentality of the masses by giving bespoke reply to the money-sucking, greedy, asshole partners/founders of law firms apparently providing "bespoke services"?

Start switching to jobs first in the legal sector only, where you get humane treatment. The other way is for a good talent to switch careers and leave these shitty places. A mass movement where people will start looking for alternative jobs with their law degree apart from traditional corporate or litigation path, can shaken this exploitative system. But be aware, that you are not becoming slave in those new places themselves! At the end, it's not just legal sector jisme employees se itna kaam karwate hai. But predominantly, law firms in this country are leading the way in showing other sectors how to emaciate the employees and get the deal done in the cheapest cost.

CHALLENGE THE SYSTEM, THE WAY YOU WANT!

BUT DO THIS NOW. OR THE SITUATION WILL KEEP ON WORSENING AND WE'LL LOSE GROUND (Whatever that's left)

P.S. - I am a fresh graduate of law, who has stepped a foot in the market and realized that it is very dirty. I hold those who said nothing in the past, are still not saying anything and the freshers who disregard such culture as responsible for mushrooming of this system. Btw, don't brand as a person ranting here because I couldn't secure a job. I got offers. Rejected them for the above reasons.
Stop SILF from obstructing entry of foreign law firms and things will get 100 percent better
It's not dirty - it's just wildly out of the comforts of your privileged living so far.