Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
I wanted to ask all of you that since NLSIU has taken 240 students for the BA LLB course this year and plans to increase it to 1500 students year by year under it's NLSIU Inclusion and Expansion Plan 2021-25. The question that comes to the mind is that how the university is going to get placed so many students because earlier it used to be just 80 students so placement was sure short in many ways since the batch size was small but what is going to happen now and what will be the future scenario since the college is taking so many students in? Will other colleges like NALSAR, WBNUJS, NLUJ be a better option to get placed since the batch size in these are around 120. Please give your views, opinions, thoughts and insights on this as it looks like a real concern for me as I am preparing for Clat and working hard to join Top Nlu's and will be looking forward towards taking placement at the end of the college. Please Help.
Faced the same situation last year, didn't have NLS has my first priority for this very reason.

Quite satisfied with my decision. NALSAR is an excellent place, the lower batch size is an added benifit. NLS for certain is going to face the brunt, this is what happens when you give free reigns to a dictitorial VC.
Bro for this very same reason I have also put NALSAR on the top of my preference list for Clat 2024. Just wanted to ask that will I not miss out on anything if I don't go to NLSIU? because everybody says put NLSIU on top but I feel it is not owning to its name for the some past few years pertaining to it's placements. Please enlighten me.
I hope you are aware that only 10 students got placed in NALSAR day zero this year.
Not to mention the NLS VC's lack of experience in administration. He's not an institution-builder and I feel his decisions are going to cost NLS in the long run. I feel he should've atleast steadied the ship in his first term and then done his whole expansion in his second term (if he got one), but he obviously thinks he's a revolutionary. What happens once he leaves and the Karnataka govt. tries to get some stooge VC at NLS? Will all the faculty still remain there for the long run? There's no reversing the high student intake or domicile quota either.
Can't even place 20 students in day 0 right now, tab to bhagwan bharose
Hey are you from NLSIU? If you are please give me details about the current scenario of academics, administration and placements. It would really help a lot.
The brand name was enough when just 80 students had it, and now even that's not enough because of competition from other NLUs. When 300 students have the brand every year, the value is bound to decrease even further.
As a percentage of the batch, placements at NLS will remain the same even after the batch increase. Which means that in a dry year like this, NLS should be able to place around 100 out of a batch of 240 and in a good season it should go up to 175-200!

The placements at the top 5 always remain the same in terms of percentage of the batch and it will continue to be the same !
I am current student at NLS and last year, only 3 students were left without a job after Day Z and they got a job on Day One as well. It's not declining its the same as that of the top 3-4 colleges!
Top 3-4 colleges? You mean in other fields right? Cause NLS is the best in law rn
Very true , except for Nujs which is selling the Bsc llb course shamelessly