Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
I am fairly neutral about both honestly. I would prefer more intellectual stimulation ( which i think disputes might offer) but I have heard transactions have a higher pay. I am super confused because I don't know which one to go for. ( I have options for both) in T1-T2 firms.

I honestly would want to work outside the country as well later in life so that is also something.
No offence your wants seem to be conflicting. If you are tilted towards pay and going out then you have an obvious answer in transactions.

If you want intellectual stimulation, people connect, some sembalance of your existence and contribution to the work product then you have an answer in disputes.

I was with Transactions (and maybe it is a me issue) and it made me brain dead. I almost never knew why was I doing what was I doing. Maybe it was a team problem too but you’ll never know the background ever until you are much senior. You’ll just be told the transaction structure that’s about it. Law firms have precedents for everything especially he transactions team. The even cut copy paste the emails they have already sent on the issue- so you’ll have little space to show your creativity. Another thing I noticed was that transactions team hated reading the law.

But maybe it can interest you if you have genuine interest in the market.