Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Let's compile an extensive mega thread outlining our daily routine and how a typical days looks like in our life, from rising to the bed to hitting it.

This will give us valuable insights into our individual productivity and accordingly we can introspect in our routine thus we can improve, regardless of our roles, whether you're a student, academician, independent practitioner, A0 till the partner.
Get up at 7, Leave for station at 8, Reach office by 10:30,

leave office at 8:30 get home by 10

10 to 10:20 dinner

10:20 to 12: Play overwatch 2 with friends / workout alternate days
2.5 hours one way is still a lot. Do you live in Rabale and commute to Malad or something?
I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Get up at 5 am, Leave for Gym at 5:45 am & come back home by 8 am.

Leave for office by 9 am, Reach office by 10:30 am.

Leave office at 8 pm & come back home by 9:30 pm.

10-11: dinner and spend some time with family.

11:30 pm- Off to Sleep.
5 AM: Wakeup

5:30 - 8 AM: Acadmic studies

9:30 - 2 PM: Lectures

2:00 - 4 PM: Lunch/ rest/ social media

4:00 - 6 PM: Extracurricular studies

6:15 - 7 PM: Socialization

7:00 - 9:30 PM: Acadmic studies

10:00 - 10:30 PM: Dinner/ social media

11 PM: Good night :)
I can’t think of anyone in my batch at a T1 who did all this. Shocking. What are you studying for 6 plus hours…
Plan:

5 AM - wakeup (I follow 4 day Gym schedule, 3 workdays and 1 sunday - on non-gym days, I start at 6-630 typically)

5-515 AM - Make bed, warm water, sit on the sofa, just relax and stretch once water is done

515-535 AM - Guided meditation using one of the apps (I started with youtube, you can try Goodful on Youtube for free).

Till 6: relax and get ready for gym

6-7 AM: Gym in the building, workout for 40 Mins. Catchup with buddies. Will check phone at this point.

7-8 AM: come home, close any urgent items, if none, will take vitamins, catchup on twitter and news.

8-9 AM: Breakfast and ready for work.

Without fail, start work at 9 AM with a to-do list in first 10 mins with order of priority & and probable timesheets in next 10 mins, remember it is fine if the day is not going according to the plan.

12 Noon - get lunch. No matter what.

3-5 PM - Fruits and whatever is available.

9 PM - Log off from work typically and get done with dinner, re-evaluate todo list, catchup with social media & speak to closed ones

10-11 PM - Catchup - on more work, close out TS, watch TV, hangout with friends, as per the demand of life and profession. Try to be on bed by 11:30 max.

This is my ideal day. Often, this is supported by working on Saturdays. Many times, during pressure events and deadlines / commitments to family, friends, etc., this does not get executed time to time. That is fine, as long as I make it on most days.

You have to make a plan and stick to it to make the most in this profession. With discipline - if you are ambitious. That is the only way you will realise your efficiency and talent. At the same time ensure that you create carveouts for friends, family and other closed ones.

Check out Dan Koe planner online and download it.

Take care, don’t stress, if the above doesn’t work nothing will - cheers.
Major W. Just one question, don't you feel sleepy in the afternoon after sleeping for 5-6hours at night? How do you get over that urge?
Thank you for this detailed answer. You have no idea how much this motivated me.

Thank you once again
I am PQE 4. I rented a place next door to office.

I avoid sleeping with tea, walks, proper nutrition and excitement at the job.

Cheers.
8-10AM - Wake up, have coffee, poop, read newspaper. I do kind of intermittent fast, so no breakfast except black coffee.

10-12AM - Log in, catch up on emails, work

I sneak in a 1-2 hr work-out when calls aren't scheduled. Usually somewhere 12 noon to 2PM. Then have lunch.

2PM-8PM - work. Log off usually between 7PM to 9PM depending on workload. Stretches till like 3AM on rare very busy days.

9PM-10PM - Head out for a jog if it's not raining. Come back and have dinner.

10PM-1AM - Catch a movie, practice an instrument, random errands like paying bills and replying to personal emails, etc

1AM - Sleep
wake up

rush to breakfast and then to class without taking a bath (9 - 1:30)

lunch

sleep (or bath and then sleep)

wake up and play games and do mauj + timepass

dinner

masti + timepass till 4am

Studying happens only one week before exams. Barely passing. 80ish batch rank/120.