Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
1. I'm thinking of accepting an offer from ICUL, Bombay if nothing works out since hiring for day z is anyway looking gloomy, what are the future prospects in this firm?

2. How easy is it to lateral to bigger firms if I join their transactions team, say after 1 PQE?

3. Your general perceptions about the firm's brand value would also be very helpful.

Please don't spam hateful comments, I am looking for genuine advice here.
1. I know a lot of people are highly optimist but it’s not so rosy on the inside, the work ain’t that great and office politics is worse than one of the earlier T1s I used to work at before switching over.

2.Funds team is where the actual game is being placed, sorry to say don’t see much of a scope for you with transactions, however given you are from NALSAR, I assume you to be a hardworking chap so maybe some exceptional performances and a genuine referral can get you through.

3. Both my above answers would have given you an idea about the brand value you can derive.

Also on a parting note, all the best with getting the full promised bonus.
Bump, even I have an offer lined up. Will appreciate genuine responses
I am from Nalsar 2024 batch. Its a public knowledge that ICUL Mumbai made 2 offers and both were accepted by my batchmates. Who are you then using NALSAR' 24 tag??
I think it is in poor taste to mention a college because obviously given the minute amount of people that this, dare I say, boutique firm hires, fresh hires can be singled out by the HR (they tend to like folks who stick around instead of the jumpers) and even if you have unleashed the cloak of anonymity some poor soul might have to suffer.
1. ICUL Mumbai has a low attrition rate in the law firm fraternity, which is what they are known for. Reasons - their pay gets superb with time (as once someone is with the firm for more than 2.5 years they also start getting small share in equity profits of the firm doubling there usual good bonus. Nobody is going to get such a perk in a tier 1 firm). So initially you get tier 1 payouts but exceeds that once you remain with the firm for a reasonable time. That’s on the top of good work culture and nil politics. That should explain their relatively quick rise.

2. You will get an easy entry in any good tier 1 firm if you have their tag. A red carpet entry in any tier 1 firm specially if you happen to have their funds team tag. Check out in the market.

3. Guys particularly in the funds and sebi regulatory field are topping all the ranking charts. Firm hosted a grand law firm tournament in MCA BKC last year which was a superhit and the one which every cricket enthusiast in other law firms is waiting to happen again this year. not to forget their foreign offsites which i loved the most more than anything. So pretty decent overall branding for a new team.

I work with a London law firm now with a handsome GBP pay 😁 but can vouch for everything stated above having experienced some of it first hand myself and also knowing the recent developments from the friends and fraternity in mumbai. Advice you to double check all the above with janta working out there to get better comfort. All the best
Even though I’m with the firms but I find what you are propagating to be a la la land for the newbie about to join the profession.

1. Funds is not something where you have many options laterally (in India).

2. What equity profits do a being given to A2s and A3s, None as per my knowledge
If what you said in point 1 that funds practice does not have many options laterally, is the kind of understanding you have then less said better about your market knowledge and the reliability of this feedback!!
Would love to know the places we can move within India then except for a handful of firms? Outside India it’s indeed a booming practice and have seen many people venture there.
Everyone in mumbai office who has been with the firm for two & half yrs got an additional 2.5 months bonus over and above the regular bonus, on last March 31. This is out of equity profit sharing % kept for the entire team every year and the next year will be even better. And unlike many other firms, it was paid alongwith the regular bonus much prior to march 31, nothing witheld..speaks volumes about the integrity of the firm.
Why are you still stuck with legally india, maybe find the British equivalent and give some knowledge over there ;)
A 5-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 71-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 59-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
Unfortunately for false news spreaders like you, there is now so much in public domain that someone writing like this would fall on his face. One does a google and pick any of the top reputed global rankings be it Chambers, WWL, AsiaLaw, IBLJ etc. - ICUL has topped each one of them in Funds/asset management space as a firm/through its individuals. For instance, this link of AsiaLaw (https://www.asialaw.com/Jurisdiction/India/Rankings/323#rankings)

like many other global publications would unanimously show the topmost slot for ICUL/team in Investment Funds amongst all top age old law firms. This is no small feat for a rapidly growing young firm making space for itself in such quick time and which cant be without paying the best, having best team/culture/large global clients.

And if one happens to be on Linkedin, it would also show a number of its past members in top brit firms.

So I am smoking the right sutta & am not sharing it with you 🀣make peace with their success πŸ˜‡