Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
But good faculty will still leave because they are forced to mark every student well regardless of their performance, since the latter pays the bills and is treated as the customer who is always right. This is just another attempt to throw money at deeper problems. Three faculty members have had their annual increment suspended in this year alone, because when they tried to ensure some quality and academic rigour, the students colluded to give them bad feedback.
Very true. Actually, I would compare the culture of Jindal with that of China or Dubai or Qatar. Very glitzy and rich, superior pay and infrastructure, attracting top talent. But it’s an autocracy and you cannot step out of line.
I love how people always deflect criticism on the ground of "they colluded and gave FAKE reviews!!". Be it politicians, failing restaurants, or incompetent teachers. You got a feedback. Work on it. Don't be cry babys.

(inb4 ad hominem, I'm not a student and haven't been for several years)
If only Jindal students would also accept that the marks that they get is the feedback for their performance and so they shouldn't go crying to Dad to intervene!
The difference is that students don't expect good education, but high marks only.
But the grade inflation problem is across all colleges. The root problem is that Gen Z wants everything handed on a platter.
In NLUs, the admin doesn't put pressure on faculty to increase marks because the students' parents would get angry to see their kids fail.
Why can't Naveen Jindal and other industrialists donate to NLUs? Shame on them.