Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I feel like the NLU (especially in the tier-2/tier-3) tag is genuinely overhyped. Being from a tier-3 nlu (down east) I feel that I am not getting any internships and my friends at my this college are all ambition-less. I am one of the toppers of this college and I feel boot-licking at tier-3 nlus is an all time high. The same goes for tier-2 nlus as well.

In internships , the people with connections and some people with tier-1 nlu background are getting all the recognition.

I regret not retaking clat again but I didn’t realise that this would be such a disaster. After working my a** off in college I will be totally pushed to a job involving a paycheque or max to max 10 lakhs and that too only few of us will be getting it. Others will be unemployed.
Starting out in the range of 6-10LPA is not as bad as you are making it out to be. Start out at a T2-T3 firm and then shift laterally to T1 after 2-3 years. If you had to get a top job right out of college then you should have taken CLAT again. Everyone knows about the shoddy placements in NLUs
Agree. I never recommend anyone any NLU below where RGNUL and NLUO stand right now. Out of this range, I am also doubtful for RML and HNLU (my perception of these two comes from 2019. Apologies if they have been doing better in recent years).

I always recommend any decent college in Delhi or Mumbai as it would give you ample of flexibility to try other ways in which you can move forward. I totally understand your position and how you must be feeling being left with limited options to pitch yourself for internships and to get practical exposure in the legal field.
The field of internships is still there for tier-3 nlus and tier 2 as well. But very few options are there and 99% of these options don’t covert to any PPO. The day zero prospects at a tier-3 nlu will come down to a loop of bad prospects.
Very true , although hnlu is doing a bit better , but none of the options below NLIU are worth it