Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Heard two big EPs in JSA Gurgaon are on exit mode with their team. One does projects and corp and the other one does only projects. Both have multiple RPs under them. This will be a big jolt to JSA.
The grapevine sources clearly need to do some basic fact checking. As far as I know they are going ahead with some big lateral recruitments soon. JSA onboarded over 10 partners alone in 2023. They also had a very successful client centric event earlier this week. Big hit with big clients.
Doesn't seem plausible, plus no such indications. The old school JSA partners are far too entrenched in the system /work culture to take the trouble to move out. Its usually the more younger, ambitious ones that have the itch to move out.
I'm an ex-JSA, and leaving JSA has been the best decision of my life. The firm is so arbitrary and no one speaks against it. Folks have been telling that to compete with other T1s, for the very first time they went for campus placements to recruit a handful of kids. What's shocking is that they had a major pay scale difference amongst those they recruited from campus as Associates and those they absorbed through internships as Junior Associates. What an arbitrary and discriminatory decision. Just to put it here they are infact paying these campus recruited kids more than many associates having 2-3 years of experience. Isn't it a joke? Would JSA ever increase its pay band at each level? It just wants to portray a good public image to stand with other T1s. I was so distributed by so many arbitrary decisions at JSA that I actually had to leave without taking my bonus which the firm takes an eternity to give.
Dont know if this true. I can guess the EPs from the description. It will be big new, if it happens.
"very successful client centric event" bro the EPs were at each other's throats about who invites who to the dinner. Anyway how would you know if it was successful or not, it was an EP only event, what does it have to do with potential exits. Everyone in Gurgaon knows a fight has been shaping up for a long time because the EPs don't even have lunch together anymore and tske up Associate space everyday
There is already very well known undertones of jealously between different EPs on billing and cliental. Some EPs have openly cribbed about the fact that their hard work is not recognized vis a vis when compared to other EPs. Funnily, they don't think twice about revealing their insecurities to their team members.