Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I'm a batch 24 student from a mid-tier NLU having bad campus placement scenarios. I have a good CV. My only hope is bagging a PPO. However, I do not have any connections in T-1 firms. Currently, I do not have any assessment lined up. I was very hopeful regarding my previous T-1 internship but it traumatized me instead. Things did not work out as I planned them to be. I am watching my peers from T-1 NLUs grabbing PPOs. I am gradually losing hope. Even thoughts of switching career are hitting my head. Is there any hope for me left? What should I do? Should I keep on sending assessment applications to lawfirms? I am very clueless.
Where are those LI people keep on claiming that mid tier NLU is good as well?
The best advice out of the ones above is the one advising you to switch careers. Just do an MBA.
Making and leveraging connections is merit as well. It takes skill to master it.
depends, there is a difference between using parental contacts and making your own contacts through networking. the latter is a feat in itself. the former, well what can I say for you
Even trilegal in its pre-placement talk in NALSAR said that they are not going to be hiring a lot of people this year
We are in a de facto recession. The backup option is to prepare for government jobs, but there is 50% caste-based reservation there, plus domicile requirements in some cases. At least there can be a two-year freeze on caste and domicile quotas until the economic situation improves. Otherwise thousands of bright graduates will be left without jobs merely by accident of birth: being born in the wrong state or because of birth in a community whose ancestors may have violated human rights 1000 years ago.

Also, the advice to do an MBA is well taken, but there too jobs are limited.
Send internship applications to firms. Once you are there, you perform, and there is a vacancy, you will be considered. Apply to as many places as possible. Reach out to seniors and get a hang of the recruitments everywhere. Be smart about it. Places like SAM, CAM, Khaitan, Trilegal are almost always hiring.

Good luck. :-)
Too many people, too few jobs. Solutions:

- One-child policy

- Stop all subsidies and spend on economic growth instead

- Tax rich farmers and spend on growth

- Stop reservation and create a free market in jobs

- a
Make every family donate their money to state reserve, take away all children from the families and raise them together under identical conditions so that we can truly identify merit and reward it accordingly.
Hi. We hired too many last year and we faced the brunt in the end. This year no substantial hirings. All the best!
Situation is very bad. Govt must address it. The suggestion of a moratorium on reservation in UPSC wont work, because the seats that will get freed up will be taken by IIT grads, who are smarter than NLU grads. The idea of an Indian Judicial Service is beter.