Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Hey fraternity,

to give you a fair bit of background. I'm graduating in a couple of months and have one assessment internship lined up. It's the only lead I have as of now. My main priority coming out of law school is to start my career and take care of my parents so I intend to ace the internship. So the law firm specializes in a number of cross-border transactions, acquisitions, PE and gen corp work. Based on your experiences and learning, I would love to hear any recommendations that you could provide to help me prepare for the role and convert it into a potential job.

Also, one constant feedback I've received over a number of internships is to "have an eye/attention for detail" and "further research". I would appreciate it if anyone senior or way experienced could actually give examples/instances of what the statement boils down to or is it a generic statement most seniors pass down to juniors?

Thanks in advance,

Your fellow struggling anxiety induced final year law student
You'll be the first choice of Associates who want to delegate work. They'd also expect you to have some basic understanding of law. They expect you to give them (or atleast try to give them) workable solutions to issues if you can't find an exact answer with your research and not merely surface level research. Also, be prepared to answer questions that arise from your work. A lot of Interns get flustered when questions are put to them and far to quickly say they need more time to look up the issue when questions are out to them about the research. Have conviction in your work.

Secondly, proof read and format your work. If you get the opportunity to draft something, try to imbibe the drafting style of the team you're working with. Apply yourself and take small risks. Don't simply copy paste from an existing draft.

Thirdly, build a repo with everyone in the team. People want to work with people they like.