Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
A colleague of mine, from a good NLU, recently lied about which law school his girlfriend went to.

I was a bit surprised to hear him mention the name of a good NLU since I'd distantly known of her and remembered her going to a not so good private uni. The girlfriend seems like a very nice person and has done well for herself professionally (at another law firm) inspite of the real challenge she may have faced due to her college tag. We're not freshers either, a few years into the profession and cognizant that college name doesn't mean much after a point.

Have any of you experienced anything like this? Why are people like this?
Fairly common phenomenon, but technically not an untrue claim because people frequently enrol for distance courses at NLSIU/NALSAR.

Actually, what I find more common is people covering up if their partner is from a lower caste and got admitted through reservation.
I haven't experienced anything like this but it's pretty pathetic. Welcome to the real world of materialistic insecurity and incessant comparisons.
May be she has done an LLM from an NLU. One would find numerous such Harvard/yale educated lawyers in Linkedin, who may have done a certificate course from such institutions.
One student literally told me he did a Course on International Securities Law from UIUC when it was Coursera wtf
An LLM is not a certificate course unless it is specifically distant education. A regular LLM requires being on campus, attending classes and all that.
Some T1 boys just hook up with colleagues at parties despite having gfs!!