Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
A pretty average student from a tier 2 nlu which has a strong streak of students being selected for a vac scheme. My cv is pretty average: journal, committe, centre, semi final in a domestic moot, upcoming intl moot, semi finalist in a domestic adr, participant in an intl adr and my batch rank is right on the median. The only differentiating factor that I might have is being a part of the LGBTQ+ communnity

Do i even have a chance applying as an avg student or should I just build my CV towards domestic placements
Yes you have a chance

Apply

Tell your story

Go all out

If you fail you fail but one has to try

You learn from every failure anyway
How is being from lgbt community an advantage in strictly academic and legal sense? If you’re not special and you don’t bring anything of value to the table, your chances are super slim. And I’m saying this as someone who secured a TC @ HSF.
If someone from that community has reached the same position and achievements as another student, then the former might be preferred knowing that they had an additional hurdle to overcome given society's general stance towards them.
You don’t have any idea then. Being from a LGBT community will give you an edge to tell your story and even foreign universities look into this positively
in all fairness, they do look for diversity and I have heard of candidates with a more diverse backgrounds being chosen, but those same candidates also had really impressive ranks and were also from tier one nlus. ( while we can never know for certain, there were rumours that belonging to the lgbtq+ community played a role)

Your best shot at being chosen for a vac scheme from a tier two nlu is to have a cv that is genuinely impressive, and unfortunately the rank factor seems to be bit of an issue
This is an average CV? Apart from the rank , you have everything good going
Which tier-2 nlu has a β€˜strong’,streak of students getting appointed for vac schemes zara Batana?
if you plan on using being gay as an advantage, you'd have tough luck, try tellling your story rather, what a weak attitude honestly
A 10-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.