Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Like most of you, I have some amounts invested in equity MFs and some in FDs. Everyone tells me that I should increase my equity MF investments because the stock market is going up, India will be the third largest economy etc. The business papers and news channels are also encouraging people to do so. Some of my law firm colleagues are pouring nearly everything into equity MFs and leaving very little for savings, saying that there is no risk of losing money

But my worry is what happens next year. If Modi loses or is forced to enter into a coalition with populist regional parties, or even worse if the likes of Congress, TMC and AAP come to power, then the stock market may crash. Also, if China invades Taiwan all hell will break loose.

So how are you guys planning your investments? Are you putting the brakes until mid-2024, are you are you pouring in money now?
Conservative Hybrid Fund MFs, Decent gains and less risk exposure as well. I plan on investing in the same for a year atleast and switching to full equity investments post that offc contingent to market situation.
Stocks will rise even if the Congress/TMC comes to power. It’s just that other businessmen will benefit instead of Ambani and Adani, ie businessmen close to Rahul Gandhi, Robert Vadra, DK Shivkumar, MK Stalin, Abhishek Banerjee etc. Today’s TOI says that DK Shivkumar is worth 1300 crore. Similarly, Abhishek Banerjee is a multimillionaire overnight despite being a class 12 pass. That should tell you.

So you can invest safely.
Write it down: China will attack Taiwan by December and use COVID biowarfare.
Nothing to worry. Adani is on good terms with the opposition too. He is funding projects in Kerala and West Bengal. Mamata invited him as chief guest for a business summit. Please understand: politicians in India have no morals, irrespective of the ideology they supposedly belong to.