Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Is there anyone bigger loser at life than the so called "career gurus" of law students? Earlier the lawsikho was doing this but they also had other stuff from courses to videos to blogs side by side too (not saying they were all ethical), but now we have these guys and girls (I only know girls though, there might be girls too), having at Max 2-3 years time from their graduation year, gaining barely 1 year pqe and now guiding people for their careers. Lol, seriously? You think somebody got a Karanjawala internship due to you? You think SAM gave out a PPO because you helped someone prepare for a PPO interview. I mean tha audacity and how their moral conscience allows them to do this when these guys literally got placed via campus placements themselves (I give that they got into T1 and were smart when they entered the college but not every tom dick Harry can not graduate from a T1 as a capable lawyer and bare 1 year exp at any corp firm does not make you valid to open a suggestion shop lol), and mind you these places charge hefty fees for their "counseling/ mentorship" on phones videos etc.

You need to check profiles of students who get PPOs and are claimed to have been helped by these gurus, it's evident that the kids have been putting efforts from get go, you undergo 8-9 Tier 2/1 internships to end a PPO in 5th year only to be claimed and sabotaged by XYZ on account of their help/ guidance. You think you are this influencial?

Don't get me started on WhatsApp screenshots of happy customers, is there anything more phoney than those (maybe Amazon reviews but this follows closely too)

This isn't targetted any individual, institute, tier, gender etc but is a grievance I've had since long. I mean I'm happy that someone was smart enough to not burn their youth in unyouthful tier 1 firms, and decided to go for better law life, but not at the cost of underprivileged law students (in terms of system opportunities) and as Indian parents are, they also get ready to shell thousands on useless calls/ stupid ass courses) etc etc. I know it's not illegal, but not ethical by any way. And if you are fucking happy with this money, then I don't know is humanity even alive? Do you think you really helping anyone ffs? This is mind you when you left corp law at 1-2 pqe max.

To the students from pvt colleges too, a message to never succumb to pressure and waste money on shit ass places like these. You ain't in need of any help for tier 1 interviews or for internships, and there is no end of the world if you don't get them too. At this stage no point in wasting money when these gurus flex working from comforts of mountains and homes and scenic places and what not.

Ps- experienced users of LI please come forward to provide bro bono emails below this to help anyone with interview/ internships if you can. Make a fake email and take an initiative to atleast read/ skim emails and try to help anyone you feel is deserving/ stuck. We at our levels need to begin this change or else people willing to put efforts will be engulfed by lazy ass fuckers such as these "who ran away from their life as lawyers to help others make life as lawyers ". The irony in the closing sentence and the situation in general. Pity pity, pitiable state of lawyers we are bringing in this shambolic system.
bump - more opinions on this. two coaches, nluj vs NUJS. tier 1 women entrepreneurs win as always
I’ve been providing pro bono career guidance on an anonymous basis. Email me rule144aipo@gmail.com
OP. I understand where you are coming from. But you need to understand that there are students who don't have any access to seniors like many of us do in NLUs. What is very 'obvious' for many of us, is highly obsure for many students.

For them, if they are getting a right direction by paying a couple thousand rupees, what's wrong in that. Let me tell about myself. Being a student from non-NLU, when I personally texted many working people for guidance, and they never cared to reply back. This is when I approached a few career mentors and they gave me the right direction to proceed. Ofcourse, I got the job due to my own efforts, but getting their experience and guidance really helped.

Have you ever been on a rant like this for Dominos or alcohol manufacturers for selling overpriced stuff? Do we even think twice before shelling out 1000s of rupees on restaurants or movies? Then why be so negative and suspicious when spending few 1000 rupees on something that is definitely not wasteful and comes in the ambit of 'educational investment'?

Just my 2 cents. You are free to disagree.
Lol. By that logic every coaching institute should shut shop too.

1. They should not take credits, as students worked hard themselves, right?

2. Students also should not join coaching institute and should instead mail successful past year aspirants to take 'free guidance'.

Grow up OP. You haven't seen the world. No one has got time for guiding others for free. Even you would like to work 10 minutes more for your law firm beyond your designated time if they don't pay you overtime
Yawn... another anti-LawSikho troll who resents Ramanuj for his self-made success and refusal to kowtow to the NLU lobby and left-liberal establishment. I quote Ramanuj himself:

"It is no secret. There are some woke cancel culture people in some top law colleges who hate me, launches social media tirades, and spread slander about our courses on social media anonymously without any evidence. ...Why? Why take so much trouble? It is because LawSikho has increased competition for them on every sphere....Now this makes a lot of people whose entire sense of superiority is built around the fact that they went to a certain school by cracking a certain exam damn uncomfortable. I am claiming that anyone can beat them without that pedigree! How can I do this?"

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ramanujm_it-is-no-secret-there-are-some-woke-cancel-activity-6845306055304458240-0G07
Thank you for pointing it out, as it needs to be pointed out every once in a while. Mentor gurus and bhaiyas are literally parasites (and occasionally predators) who are running a sad masquerade that we will see unravelling very soon.
Why target lawsikho?What do these kids of lala shop law firms know about law - nothing.After knowing do they follow law or break the law.Yet they get to be MPs of law firms.Then lawsikho counsellors dishing career advise is fine.
Lol, this reminds me of ▮▮▮ ▮▮▮ career coach thing. She seems extremely genuine and credible to me although I haven't availed any of her services. The one person I know who has taken up her mentorship told me that he already knew whatever she had to say. I guess that's some insight on these career coaches.

I've always been advised to talk to seniors at your internships after building a rapport. Advice from people working in the industry goes a long way than someone who hasn't been in the working legal industry since 2018.
A 118-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 47-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.