Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
I mean, I would like to be proved wrong but I think most people from NLIU working in foreign law firms are lateral entries. Afaik, it's only the top 6 (NLS, NLUD, NUJS, NALSAR, NLUJ and GNLU) to which London firms specifically invite applications. And among these, GNLU to my knowledge is pretty recent entrant, as in, it didn't have any foreign recruitment right from its inception. But you could still apply separately to these places regardless of the law school.
One can directly compete with the international pool. No need to wait for the firms to invite applications. The competition is tougher that way, but if you're good then you can make it.
Yes you are correct and I wasn’t challenging your perception at all. But your point about GNLU is incorrect - they don’t receive direct applications at all.
No not at all - they always matter, but you need to do very well on the online tests (Watson Glaser and others) to be shortlisted

Mainly - keep practising mock tests
Not β€˜only’ at grades - but predominantly yeah. So you need to justify if your grades are low
Yes. They shortlisted a complete nerd from my college with zero extra curriculars.
Pretty much only look at top 5 ranks in a batch - usually only top 3
Aaye look - you gotta be from the top 3% of your batch. Then you will be shortlisted and then there is Watson glaser. NLIU has been not able to bag foreign law firms for quite a few years now. Maybe you will be the one
Yes, both Linklaters and A&O are focused on grades. They look at extra-curriculars, but those are immaterial if you're not in the top 5 or 10 of a top 5 NLU.
Not necessarily top 5-10. They have taken in students in the top 20 in the past few years
True, Links does not look only at marks - for them, it is very important that the right personality is showcased through the application, especially the questions on workplace, situation based etc.

Read up on their AGILE framework thoroughly before answering
No, in my university they have shortlisted people with ranks within 20s with one exception whose rank is in 50s.

PS- I am talking about Tier-1 NLU

I know of one senior who concerted Vac Scheme into TC and whose rank was in 40s when he got Vac Scheme.
Same, tier one NLU with a senior who had an average rank and average extra curricular get selected