Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Everybody obsessing over the tiers of NLU debate need to take a chill pill. "NUALS vs NLU Odisha", "Only got into NLUJ should i take a drop year?", "NALSAR vs NLUD", "Will i get laid in NALSAR" Chill the fuck out.

Focus on building your brand. Have great academic records, intern at great places and have quality publications in prestigious journals (quality over quantity, people). Identify niche areas and try to get published in internationally acclaimed journals. (This is not impossible, do your diligence on the journals). Maintain contact with the people you work with, especially your managers and try to intern at the same place multiple times and work your ass off at said internship. Structure your CV towards a specific practice area, lose the designs & colour and be very specific about the work you did. Merely saying you worked on FEMA isn't going to get you anywhere. What firms want to see is what exactly you worked on in FEMA. Do this effectively and you might as well PPO your way into Tier 1 or Tier 2. Even if you don't make it a Tier 1 join a smaller firm or a boutique and lateral after a year or two. What difference is it going to make? Lack of a life here, lack of a life there. No sexlife anywhere. Also a lot of tier 2 firms pay similar to tier 1s on mid senior levels. Day zero is ass, you won't die without it.

Om Shanti
Yeah man, people dream to get into Tier one and even after a gap year worth of try are not able to make it. And then you have these useless people who have made into T1 and yet are busy trolling how they are superior then others.
I was just like you when I didn’t make into NLS in any of my attempts. I made peace with my college but never questioned the supremacy of tier-1. Maybe you should not as well
Sounds like you got insulted by your fellow associates from tier-1. Normal day at office?
Contrary to what you might think, people grow out of their colleges once they start working. If they don't, its just them being childish.

Om shanti!