Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am keen to pursue an LLM from UK/Singapore/Canada. I am an incoming 5th year student from a top tier NLU with no work experience. I am not a batch topper but my grades are decent and respectable. I have good publications( Research paper as well as blogs) at reputed places and have a good track record of leadership and participation in moots and ADRs. Have been a teaching assistant too so worked with some good professors of my college.

I would be glad if someone could realistically shed light on what chances I have of getting a good LLM offer from a foreign university for Fall 2024, specially without work experience. Thanks in advance
If your scores are above 65% overall and if you are within top 10% of the batch then you can get into LSE, to get into oxbridge you have to be within top 5% and have excellent reco. If you have more than 60% you will get and top 30% of batch you will get into any of the Russell group unis

Scholarship is different ball game, you will need to focus on your sop more and show why the uni should give you £20k.

Also, have a clear gameplan for what you want to do after your LLM

Have a chat with seniors from your uni who had done LLM straight after LLB
There are no such things as decent and respectable - either you are a topper and have my respect or you are nothing

S Krishnaswamy

NLS
There is no harm in applying.

Oxbridge usually takes the toppers.

But the others should be depending on the quality of your applications.

If you got the money and the means go for it. You will definitely benefit from the experience.

You won't be the first one to apply without work experience. Just do it.
Abundant. LL.M in a decent UK college: LSE, King's (where I am), UCL, QMUL etc. is not a big feat imo. Oxbridge is tougher, but arguably also within reach with your credentials buttressed with a great SoP and LoR.

Anyway, save yourself the misery of doing an LL.M right after law school (the mistake that I made) and gather a few years of work ex. in a Tier 1 and then look at an LL.M. The chances of getting a good gig in the UK will increase.
As someone else also wrote, if possible get some work ex first. I got experience in my field before going to a T6 uni in the US and it honestly really helped.