Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
hi, I am not really into corporate so i thought to prepare for some govt exams, I am from a trad college, i wanted to know if judiciary is really worth it if i want avg money, work life balance and not so hectic schedule, and a little freedom to pursue other things as well or should i prefer some other exams like banking etc? I am above avg in studies , genuine suggestions pls, i know many people have been in this dilemma once in their lives, so pls share some wisdom. i am doubtful abt judiciary
Judiciary meets all your mentioned criteria - except freedom to pursue other things. Salary is approx 92k (in-hand, post-tax as per second judicial pay commission (pre-tax is 1.3 lakh pm)) and another 25k in allowances (not taxable). That’s the starting salary. Work hours also never go beyond 6 pm, which is also rare. But like I said, you’ll need permission from the HC to even do a lecture at your alma mater. You become a part of the judiciary, so some responsibilities and restrictions come with that, obviously you can’t go around saying this or that wherever it pleases you. I can’t speak of bank exams, have little knowledge about jobs at banks.
It would be foolishness decision to quit corporate or litigation practice for govt. exam preparation. Competition for all govt. exams are now very very very high & seats are much competitive compare to past like UPCJ came after 5yr with very less seat and cutoff goes 280 for general even on negative marking, similarly MPCJ cutoff goes 125 for general & many more. Therefore mere being aspirant nothing will happen & need proper plan. So wise decision would be prepare with continuing your practice as even if you are not get selected you'r time will not get wasted & no deepresion, financial crisis or anything will hit you. You'll be in the race.

Many of my friends cleared UPCJ, UPSC'21 &23, MPCJ while continuing their practice.