Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
How should an incoming freshman student at an NLU plan their next five years in such a way that they make the most of the opportunity? I’m talking internships, academics, networks, cultural activities- everything
get your scores up in your first semester, the top 10% in sem 1 actually remains pretty much the same even at the end of final year, with a few rare exceptions

so put your everything in understanding how the exam system works, kiss up to the seniors, find out the past papers in the library, try making notes from day one, and then kiss up to the teachers who will be marking your papers and ask them if they can have a look at some of your model answers, be on the right side of everything that admin says, ignore your school friends, suck up to the alumni, learn how to be slave for the rest of your life.
Year 1: Sports

Year 2: Smoke

Year 3: Studies

Year 4: Sex

Year 5: Sleep

That’s usually how it works.
Internships>Academics. Tier 2s & Boutqiue Firms>Glorified lala sweatshops. Publications>Moots.
A two word mantra if you want to succeed: KISS ASS. At law school, that means your teachers and seniors. At the workplace that means your boss.
Boutiques>Tier 1s and Publications>Moots, I am with the NUJS dude on this.
Hi! I’m the opπŸ˜…. I’ll be joining MNLU Mumbai (it’s a massive gamble, yes, I’m familiar with the beautiful MNLU discourse on legally India). Any insight on whether I should intern after my first sem? I know that studying law in uni is a massive shift from school life, but I’m not too worried about my academics because I’ve always been a good student
Please don’t scare me like that😭. Is it really that bad?