Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hello everyone, I have to fill the NLU preference for the registration of the CLAT 2024 exam. I have done my deep & thorough research on the web (Youtube, Google, Quora, Reddit) regarding the same. I am thinking of putting NALSAR Hyderabad over NLSIU Bangalore as my 1st preference for the following reasons:

CURRICULUM (My biggest Concern, I want to have a balanced life of academics and college life): It's less hectic, more student friendly and approachable(students can choose design their own course by choosing their own subjects) than NLSIU Bangalore because it doesn't have the trimester system(I have heard it gets a lot hectic, exhaustive and mundane over time) which NLSIU Bangalore has.

PLACEMENT (Major concern): I know both these colleges have good corporate placements. The placement rate is 90% for NALSAR and 76% for NLSIU when compared domestically but internationally NALSAR Hyderabad has 7-8 foreign placements per batch where as NLSIU Bangalore has 3-4.

CAMPUS SIZE :55 acre vs 23 acre. I have no problem regarding the fact that NALSAR Hyderabad is 30km from the main city.

LATEST 5 YEAR FEES: 12 lakh vs 16 Lakh+ (additional mess fees). Money isn't a big concern here but it is better to save some and use it somewhere else. Also, ROI is better in NALSAR Hyderabad.

From what I have heard about NLSIU Bangalore is that there is too much academic pressure due to which social life gets hampered a lot, increased batch size has diluted the level of professors as well as they have not yet built hostels(in construction)for the increased batch size for the people coming thru NLSAT as well as the latest 2020 VC crisis where they had protested and made the VC Resign and in the same year NLSIU separated from Consortium of NLUs due to late conduction of the Clat and took it's own examination(candidates used unfair means) so as to avoid a zero year and save rs.16 crore.

Despite all of this NLSIU Bangalore is still on 1st position in college rankings and my teachers in coaching are advising to put NLSIU Bangalore at 1st and NALSAR at 2nd. This is the main reason why I am hesitant in putting NALSAR Hyderabad over NLSIU Bangalore.

I also want to add one thing since I am OBC. I have more chances of getting into NALSAR Hyderabad than NLSIU Bangalore based on the ranks required for NLSIU(171-841, 1st merit 2023) & NALSAR(923-1116, 1st merit list 2023)

So, my fellow seniors studying in these colleges please guide me as to what my decision should be based on the info I provided above.

Tldr: Putting NALSAR at 1st preference for CLAT due to less hectic curriculum, bigger campus size, less fees and better international placements but everyone (coaching teachers, mentors on YT) is saying that say NLSIU is older and on the 1st position so put it on the 1st preference. Totally confused, pls help.

Please Give your Thoughts, Insights & guide me as to making a right decision.
For someone starting law school, you have expressed your thoughts with good clarity and your writing also reveals a sense of purpose. I assure you that you seem to have a bright future ahead regardless of whichever institution you end up choosing, if you can sustain these qualities and attitude from your side for the next 5 years.
Thanks a lot for your kind words and it really made my day to get such a nice written gesture from you. I hope your words come true and I will try my best.
Sorry, was new to legally India didn't knew it took 24 hours for the post to get posted by a mod. Posted this post twice mb. The main post link is here: https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/268426-nalsar-hyderabad-over-nlsiu-bangalore-in-clat-nlu-preference